Quantcast

‘Outdoor’ Kitchen

PRJ

2-ply sidewalls
Reaction score
San Luis Obispo County, California 15 miles from t
Nope - it functions similar to how infrared grills work but overall no, it is not an actual infrared burner.

The diffuser plate also doubles as a drip tray to prevent anything from dripping and plugging up the burners. Although that only works when the plate itself has not rusted through completely.

Albert Einstein is most famous (with engineers and scientists) for his work in Blackbody Radiation. The diffuser plate in a grill is actually a Blackbody that cooks the food thru secondary radiation. Secondary radiation from a Blackbody doesn't dry out food like direct heat from gas burners.

Infrared refers to the frequency of the heat being radiated from the Blackbody.

Up to recent years, the manufacturers of gas grills avoided using any term containing "Infrared" because there was a copyright costing big bucks for a license. Think "$3,000" vs $300 for the same grill.

The brain-dead technical illiterates of the Lamestream Media have no concept of Einstein's most important achievements.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Albert Einstein is most famous (with engineers and scientists) for his work in Blackbody Radiation. The diffuser plate in a grill is actually a Blackbody that cooks the food thru secondary radiation. Secondary radiation from a Blackbody doesn't dry out food like direct heat from gas burners.

Infrared refers to the frequency of the heat being radiated from the Blackbody.

Up to recent years, the manufacturers of gas grills avoided using any term containing "Infrared" because there was a copyright costing big bucks for a license. Think "$3,000" vs $300 for the same grill.

The brain-dead technical illiterates of the Lamestream Media have no concept of Einstein's most important achievements.

Well ****.

This is what I get for thinking I know what I’m talking about.

PRJ

2-ply sidewalls
Reaction score
San Luis Obispo County, California 15 miles from t
Well ****.

This is what I get for thinking I know what I’m talking about.

Thats ok. There is always something new to learn and learning is a life-long process.

Saturday night, I told a Francophile (Frank, Frog) that the University of Paris was founded by Celtic Monks from Ireland.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Thats ok. There is always something new to learn and learning is a life-long process.

Saturday night, I told a Francophile (Frank, Frog) that the University of Paris was founded by Celtic Monks from Ireland.

I’ve always been under the presumption that radiant heat in that way was not the proper definition of an ‘infared burner’

I figured it was heated coils that were actually heated by fuel ports themselves - almost as if they’re tubes with holes much the ones on a gas grill - just on a much smaller scale. I also assumed the definition was limited to just that as well.

Pretty cool stuff.....

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
I’ve always been under the presumption that radiant heat in that way was not the proper definition of an ‘infared burner’

I figured it was heated coils that were actually heated by fuel ports themselves - almost as if they’re tubes with holes much the ones on a gas grill - just on a much smaller scale.

Pretty hot stuff.....
fixed yer welcome ,,,pay attention idjits ,, cool has nutin to do wif it

Latest posts