Quantcast

1128 Series / HO Oiler Mod

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
Hey guys, my first oiler conversion here.
I picked up the HO piston pump and constrol bolt.
I just feel the stock oilers on these are stingy.
Oh.....and sorry for the cell phone pics, although they aint that bad.

First question: How the hell do I get that oilite bushing outta there? I'd like to reuse it if possible. I know I could gorilla fist it, but not sure the outcome would be good for the bushing.

Second question: The new control bolt (bottom) needs the (2) rubber o-rings? I assume? How the hell do you remove the old ones without ripping or tearing?
How do you install new ones without the same outcome?

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Reaction score
I usually order those o-rings along with the control bolt. They're part number- 9646 945 0160. I think they list for $0.60. New, they're pretty easy to put on with a little oil.

The last time I had to pull one of those bushings, I cut a matching half-moon shape in the jaws of an old pair of vise grips. I clamped onto the bushing with those, and carefully held the body in a rag clamped in the vise and worked it off that way. I heated the whole mess on top of the wood stove for a few minutes prior. Not real hot, just warm enough that it was easier to work with.

Be careful pulling the pump piston- apart from the spring, there's fine washers on it that you don't want to lose.

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
I usually order those o-rings along with the control bolt. They're part number- 9646 945 0160. I think they list for $0.60. New, they're pretty easy to put on with a little oil.

The last time I had to pull one of those bushings, I cut a matching half-moon shape in the jaws of an old pair of vise grips. I clamped onto the bushing with those, and carefully held the body in a rag clamped in the vise and worked it off that way. I heated the whole mess on top of the wood stove for a few minutes prior. Not real hot, just warm enough that it was easier to work with.

Be careful pulling the pump piston- apart from the spring, there's fine washers on it that you don't want to lose.

Well now.......guess I need some o-rings.......:facepalm:

I'll try putting it in the toaster oven when the wife leaves :)

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
Any STIHL dealers here wanna hook a brutha up? :wave:

I usually order those o-rings along with the control bolt. They're part number- 9646 945 0160

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Do you have pictures of where the oil enters and exits the pump? I have an idea. And I think I'm going to try it out on my 365 for the heck of it. Just not sure if it will apply to your Stihl oil pump.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Ya I don't think my idea would work on that pump. Oh well.

Latest posts