120v Battery Powered Chainsaw

dboyd351

Reaction score
View attachment 41441 Easily the highest voltage battery chainsaw I've seen.
Was reviewed by a guy named Philbert - wonder if it is someone we know.

Redback 120V Cordless Li-Ion 18 in. Chain Saw Kit at Tractor Supply Co.

Redback 120V Cordless Li-Ion 18 in. Chain Saw Kit

Product price $349.99

Minnesota
  • Review 1
  • Votes 2

☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆ 5 out of 5 stars.
· a month ago
Very Impressed.
Very impressed with this saw so far.

I am an experienced user of gas and corded, electric chainsaws. I have also used a 40V battery chainsaw for several years. In general, the better quality, battery powered chainsaws offer several convenience features: no fuel to buy, mix, store, or dispose of; no ethanol concerns; no flooding; no carbs to adjust; no air filters, fuel filters, or spark plugs to replace. Just pull the trigger and cut.

These saws are also much quieter than gas models, and can be safely stored inside. The Lithium Ion batteries keep their charge for a long time between uses.

This 120 V model takes power to a new level, comparable to a 40 to 45cc gas saw. I buried the entire 18 inch bar in silver maple, and had to really lean on it to get it to slow down at all (a gas saw would also do this). Cut through some 12 inch ash with no problem. Cut through a face cord of maple with one, 2 Amp hour battery (photo).

Overall, the saw feels well made and well finished. Keep the chain sharp, and don't forget to check the bar oil. My initial impressions are very positive, I will know more with extended use.

✔ Yes,
I recommend this product.

dboyd351

Reaction score
By the way, I'm not sure it's clear from the way I posted the original post - I have not seen or run this saw - I just cut and pasted from the ad for informational purposes, primarily because it is 120 volts and has apparently been run by Philbert, in whom I have confidence as a tester.
Got no clue as to how well the saw will hold up, but it sounds like it is in a whole other category as far as the power of a battery powered saw, except maybe the Oregon or Stihl ones.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Reaction score
Redbull would make 900 cuts with 59 different bar and chain setups and draw the conclusion that 24" .325 is best because it uses the least gas.
Electric saw should be real easy on Red Armor and 124 Octane airplane fuel.

Philbert claims they are resistant to ethanol, but the 87 Octane stuff is hard to polish off if you spill.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Reaction score
The same Tractor Supply ad that had the electric saw also had several Jonsereds with the "tool-less chain adjuster" feature the the "easy start" feature. Guess pretty soon every brand of saw will be pushing a consumer line.
It ain't Jonsered anymore.

Yet another brand being run down to sell more Huskaroo.

Latest posts