Quantcast

2 stroke oil

Dh 1984

Banned
Reaction score
i know everyone has a differnt kind of oil you all use and everything. But i got one question.

Is this kind here pretty good oil for a chainsaw or should i change it right of way?

The name of this oil i just got is Mag 1 Marine TC-W3 2 cycle engine oil. and i just paid 1.59 for 16 ounces.

I use to use Poulan full sentec until co-op quit handling it. I have looked for it at all of my small engine shops and they just carry stihl 2 stroke only.

I was thinking about ordering a case of poulan full sentec from ebay but they just have the small bottles of it.

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
Walmart has the poulan synthetic close to me. I won't use oil for water cooled 2 strokes but it will probably be fine.

Dh 1984

Banned
Reaction score
Walmart has the poulan synthetic close to me. I won't use oil for water cooled 2 strokes but it will probably be fine.

Ok i'll give them a try tomorrow and see if i can find some. I been mixing it to 32:1 because i know it's for water cooled engines. but it says on the back that it is for chainsaws too but i'm going tomorrow and check with walmart and see what they have.

Dh 1984

Banned
Reaction score
well just got back From walmart. Yeah i know it took a few days but i just came back with a whole case of it where i won't run out this year. When i get a other chance i'll go buy a other one just incase.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
I got a case of 4 gallon jugs of Klotz Original Techniplate earlier this year.
I paid 50$ per gallon jug, and it makes 50 gallons of mix, that's cheaper than even
"junk" oil.

For saws in the shop I run the Klotz 44:1, 91 Octane Ethanol free gas and a dose of Starbrite to boot.

HEAVYFUEL

Reaction score

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Reaction score

pick one.

btw all the above cost less then ultra per oz :eek2:

Dh 1984

Banned
Reaction score

pick one.

btw all the above cost less then ultra per oz :eek2:

i guess if i had to pick i would pick the white bottle at the top and the FormualK2. That would be the 2 i would pick. but If they just had one i would go with the top one tho.

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
Belray or motul out of them. I have used motul and liked the results with it like the h1r.

Last edited:

Troy G

Reaction score
I wanted to try some Amsoil Sabre Pro because it is quite a bit cheaper than Ultra. I placed an order with my FIL and wanted 1 1quart bottle. My FIL ordered me 11 1quart bottles by mistake so I got enough for quite some time. No question as to what I am going to be using for a l o n g time. Plus it can be mixed at 100:1, the bottle says so. :stirthepot:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Well geez ill take a bottle! 11 quarts mixed at 100:1..... That's enough mix for 275 gallons!

Troy G

Reaction score
I'd have to sell all my saws to buy 4l in canada. I'm pretty sure a 6 pack of one gallon mix is 22.95. I use shindaiwa oil 40:1, never a problem.

Where do you think I buy my saws and chain, not Canada. This is the reason I switched to Amsoil Saber Pro. With the FILs dealer discount I believe 946ml of Amsoil was about 9.99, 1200ml of Stihl Ultra is about 24.10 the last time I bought some. I like the 200ml packages the Stihl comes for easy no measuring but not so much as to save a whole bunch of money buying a bigger bottle of Amsoil and measuring out 200ml of oil per about 8 liters of gas.

Latest posts