2002 Chevy 2500hd Oil Pan Fun

Walt

Oct 31, 2013
Embdien Park, my own creation, my own laws
I was out of town for a while and my buddy who I normally do all mechanical for had his nephew replace exhaust manifold gaskets on his truck. In the process he managed to break the oil dip tube off and T
Ray
To use an Ez out for removal...had to tow it here with said Ez out in bottom of pan. For those of you that have not done this job, it involves removing the exhaust, both skid plates,front differential, axel shafts and starter just to get to the pan. A joyous job indeed. About 8 hours including scrubbing the pan and other parts.

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
did the same job on a 99 dodge,, bout the same amount of time,,,not fun,,the tube is pressed in,, so had to pull the pan to get the broken piece out of the block.

I was out of town for a while and my buddy who I normally do all mechanical for had his nephew replace exhaust manifold gaskets on his truck. In the process he managed to break the oil dip tube off and T
Ray
To use an Ez out for removal...had to tow it here with said Ez out in bottom of pan. For those of you that have not done this job, it involves removing the exhaust, both skid plates,front differential, axel shafts and starter just to get to the pan. A joyous job indeed. About 8 hours including scrubbing the pan and other parts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PRJ Auto Talk 8
TIMBERGHOST Wanted 10
K Auto Talk 7
sarge3604 Auto Talk 100
D Auto Talk 12