2013 Silverado

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Bought dad's new truck today.

Can't wait for my 2016 model, if the 2014's are as good as they look (they look AWESOME on the website, of course). I don't think I'll be looking to trade until then, but never know. I'm on track for 20k miles this year in mine. I'd like to trade sub 70k miles and a few years old. Weird financial business thing.... But it looks good on paper. We'll see if it holds true LOL

Reactions: 4 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Honestly I love all trucks.

But when comparing them, GM is my least favorite in the big truck market. In the newer category anyways. I absolutely LOVE the mid 90's Sierra. :thumbsup:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Are you talking from all aspects or aesthetics or anything in particular?

From a reliability standpoint they're worth their weight in gold for us ;) And the best mileage in a half-ton that I've found. I know guys with all brands and I'm consistantly 2-6 mpg better than they are :D

Reactions: 1 person

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Aesthetics for sure, and towing / hauling capacity.

The Fords can handle their heavy weights better.

But, the Fords usually rust out sooner. In the end yer prolly six in one, half a dozen in the other. I prefer Fords, but my preference isn't all that scientific nor is it all that arguable. I've owned 4 Ford vehicles, two of them being Rangers, I know many with Ford trucks and GM trucks - overall I'm more impressed with how the Fords perform.

But really, spend $35k on any truck, hell, any vehicle for that matter - whatever it is, it's gonna be frikkin' badass.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I find that as far as towing/hauling capacities are concerned, nobody goes to the limits. If they do, then they typically should have a 3/4 ton or larger truck.

Ya I don't overly like the looks of the truck, there are certainly better ones out there. But our history with them has been awesome. My history with Toyotas isn't. Dad's history with Fords isn't. Everybody around here seems to have had their fair share of problems with Dodge, we haven't owned any though.

It's been a while since he owned a Ford, but since he switched to Chevy it's been great truck after great truck. :stirthepot:

PB

Nov 5, 2012
I used to be a Ford man until I bought my GMC. The ride quality, fuel efficiency and overall trim is far superior in the GMC. The 5.3 will tow just as much as the 5.0 but do it with less fuel and WAY better stopping ability. The Fords may sit higher off the ground (the body not the axle) but that doesn't make up for the lack of fuel efficiency, it makes it worse. When they put the 5.0 in the new F150 it was immediately obsolete and the EcoBoost has all but been busted in the MPG ratings. GM's real competitor in the next few years, I think, will be Ram. Right now Ram is still playing 3rd fiddle but at the rate they are going they may be a #2 competitor soon if Ford or GM don't keep pace. Tundra's still look like a pinched off turd.

Reactions: 2 people