365 X-torq/372XP hybrid?

mactodd

Feb 5, 2014
Alabama
Hey guys, do any of you know if I can bolt on 365 X-torq stuff to the non strato 372XP long block? I have a 365 XT that lunched a piston and took out a crank and am thinking I can get the Hutzl long block and make a working saw again. Just a glance, it looks like everything is the same except the cylinder and top cover . I understand the bolt pattern for the cylinder is different, but otherwise, the cases look to be the same.

Reactions: Majorpayne

DefinitiveDave

I do want to see skinny guys in speedos
Oct 24, 2013
No personal experience but have been told that you can use an xp top end on an xt bottom but not the opposite without major machine work.

Reactions: Majorpayne

Jimmy in NC

Mill Monkey
Aug 27, 2013
Where tobacco is a vegtable
Hey guys, do any of you know if I can bolt on 365 X-torq stuff to the non strato 372XP long block? I have a 365 XT that lunched a piston and took out a crank and am thinking I can get the Hutzl long block and make a working saw again. Just a glance, it looks like everything is the same except the cylinder and top cover . I understand the bolt pattern for the cylinder is different, but otherwise, the cases look to be the same.
Cylinder bolt pattern is the same. You will need a new intake also. Top cover will work....just be taller than the original version.