372 xtorq

Termitebuffet

For Meals
Jun 7, 2012
Midgetville Norf Kakalacki
Hey Hawgz ,I acquired a low hour 372x-torq with bad bearings and a scored piston, I thought it would be a neat project to try out some stuff on. I replaced the bearings, seals and got a value priced 75cc top end kit from watsonr . I did all the retrofitting/pieces parts to get the x -torq carb to work on this cylinder . The strange issue i'm having is I had to run the idle screw way in to get an idle , also had to run the L needle way out , so it wouldn't bog on spool up. Now it seems like I don't have enough fuel on the top side. it's only turning like 10k on top , and when you drop the throttle after checking the top rpm it always cuts off . I didn't go through the carb , I know , I know :banghead::banghead: i just put it away for the evening and will get back to it tomorrow . My question is has anybody had any pulse / fuel delivery issues on this setup ? The limiter crap ain't helping any either it's kinda a pain but i think I've got them defeated now . Any help will be appreciated . :D Termite

Termitebuffet

For Meals
Jun 7, 2012
What intake setup do you have?
I used the standard 372xp boot and all else was from the x torq i think. This project has taken a while a was working on it in Feb. - Mar. time frame then I hurt my back and just let the shop grind to a halt , I'm finally feeling good enough :bananajump: to get caught up in the shop. Termite

Termitebuffet

For Meals
Jun 7, 2012
I found one problem , impulse line was off. Replaced, same as yesterday when I was running/ tuning it, I got pop back , like a miss fire, several times while running . Now i'm wondering if the coil 503-96-2404 is incompatible with the xtorq flywheel timing ? :confused: I just got a brand new box of linkbucks I'm going to try them and see if that helps :laughing:. I heard they really make a saw run. Termite

Reactions: 3 people

Termitebuffet

For Meals
Jun 7, 2012
Well other than a loose/off impulse line , and a sheared flywheel key this overhaul went perfect :whatthehell::banghead:. I guess when I stuck the flywheel on I just finger tightened it , duh, I actually thought about checking it yesterday but apparently not enough. Mweba , I didn't take anything out of the carb, the only thing I saw that looked like a splitter was in the xtorq boot ? She runs so that's a plus , this is kind of a long term project for me this a/m kit is my base line, with only a muffler mod and the base gasket removed. Eventually I plan on spinning a popup piston , and some porting but that will be awhile. While I have your attention the piston with this kit is a non windowed one , the dolly piston I have for the popup project is a windowed piston , what will this change/ affect ? Thanks for the help guys , ya'll are :trophy: Termite

Mastermind

unwilling to issue dredge permits
Jan 12, 2012
Under the thumb of Thomas1
Well other than a loose/off impulse line , and a sheared flywheel key this overhaul went perfect :whatthehell::banghead:. I guess when I stuck the flywheel on I just finger tightened it , duh, I actually thought about checking it yesterday but apparently not enough. Mweba , I didn't take anything out of the carb, the only thing I saw that looked like a splitter was in the xtorq boot ? She runs so that's a plus , this is kind of a long term project for me this a/m kit is my base line, with only a muffler mod and the base gasket removed. Eventually I plan on spinning a popup piston , and some porting but that will be awhile. While I have your attention the piston with this kit is a non windowed one , the dolly piston I have for the popup project is a windowed piston , what will this change/ affect ? Thanks for the help guys , ya'll are :trophy: Termite
You'll hear many differing thoughts about windowed VS non-windowed pistons.

In my tests the windowed piston is not the way to go......at least not with the timing numbers I used.

Reactions: 2 people

Termitebuffet

For Meals
Jun 7, 2012
Ahem, since you mentioned numbers this is what I got on this kit, exh.103 ( trans. 125) intake 75. Exh is kind of of hard to measure cause it's one of those cylinders that the top edge slopes . I think I measured it at the very top right hand corner which is the highest/(closest to the plug). Since it's starting to get cool here (well it was last week) I'm going to put some fuel through it and see how it does, as is ....Unless ya'll talk me out of it .:thumbsup: Termite

Reactions: 1 person

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
I didn't like windows in the one I did. I did 2 with a popup (before they weren't cool):bananacorn: and the same timing numbers. The one without windows had more torque. :bored:

mdavlee

Jan 10, 2012
That's what I'm after. :bananacape: So which non windowed piston do I need , to have enough meat to turn the popup? Termite
I just used the 2 ring OEM pistons in the 372 and 2171. Both were pretty new with less than 10 tanks through each of them. I'll try to dig up a video of them both if I can.

Reactions: 1 person

mdavlee

Jan 10, 2012
Here's a few videos for you. The 066 is the best running 66 I've had so far.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ub8MxhJcbfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yawui3Owy24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fuEJEt9iU34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

parrisw

Jan 9, 2012
BC, Canada
Still talking about windows eh!! LOL. I never did do a comparison like I wanted to, I sold that 372 that I loved that had the windowed piston. It sure ran good.

Reactions: 2 people
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dieselfitter Wanted Junk Husqvarna 365 372 Crankshafts Wanted 26
F 372 xpw Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 9
T WTB: 372 full wrap handle Wanted 3
T 372 cylinder cover For Sale 0
T Husky 372 P&C For Sale 4
R Roncoinc chinee 372 BB build Chainsawz 131
stihl for life ported 372 xp Wanted 3
Wigglesworth Husqvarna 372 For Sale 12
naked arborist First 372 extra pee for me Chainsawz 16
W Husky 365/372 question.. Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 7
Jimmy in NC 365/372 HD Filter - Convert Low Top to High Top Wanted 2
F 372 felling dog Chainsawz 1
W A day in the woods! Spike60 & W'dog Run & Discuss Husqvarna 372 Aftermarket Parts Series "Test" saws Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 11
W Huztl 52mm Big Bore (75cc's) vs. Husqvarna 365 / 372 Hybrid & some comments on this series Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 2
W Huztle 372 aftermarket build vs a poor Husqvarna 455, which cuts faster? (Video, some cookie ) Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 5
W Huztl Aftermarket parts for 365/372 series Husqvarna's Hawgz Garage 12
C I wants a jred 2166, 0r 2171 or husky 372... whats the difference? Chainsawz 32
W Quandry, Huztl 372 "Big Bore" build Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 16
BloodOnTheIce Aftermarket Husky 372, 365 Stihl MS440, MS390 Pistons and rings For Sale 2
Chity_Avatar Husky 372 question Chainsawz 34
jrcat WANTED 2 full wrap handles for 371/372 Wanted 0
Chainsawwhisperer Looking for 372 parts... Wanted 8
komatsuvarna WTB 372 case Wanted 2
T 372 piston and cylinder? Chainsawz 11
jacob j. 362/365/372/372 crankcase Wanted 3
Cut4fun Trade 268 clutch cover for 365 372 clutch cover Wanted 1
BloodOnTheIce sold - Husqvarna 372 Muffler Gas Race Saw - sold For Sale 12
mweba How to change a 365 x torque into a 372 Hawgz Garage 16
parrisw 390 vs 372 Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 16
parrisw stock441/ ported 372 comparison Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 14
WoodChuck'r 365/372 (xt) Chainsawz 84