A lengthy, but very good read.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
One year ago on this day my family was told there was nothing more that could be done for my father and he only had days left. He went into the hospital on November 20th with (what was suspected to be) pneumonia or bronchitis. Turned out after all of the tests and what seemed like endless days of waiting for results, it was his cancer.

Needless to say, I was rather beside myself. Never had to deal with anything so big before. He put up a heck of a fight against it for 10 months prior to this point, but one can go only so long fighting. His last 5 days were the toughest days of my life.

I posted a thread on AS looking for everyone's support. It's kind of a lengthy read, but it's a great thread - there were a few posts I made that were rather emotional, but the chainsaw community is such a good group of people I had no problem sharing it with everyone. Not to mention, many knew I was busy with my father while he fought cancer for most of 2011, it would have been strange of me not to mention the roughest part of all of this as it unfolded for him at the end.

If ya have time, check this thread out. It's a moving read to say the least, very powerful....

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/186779.htm

Here's a photo of my dad with my mom - on his last vacation in September 2011 in the Adirondacks.

Love ya dad. :cheers:

Reactions: 6 people