Alaska Saw Shop and Lewis Winch

Nitroman

Dec 28, 2013
Southwest Alaska
Okay, I hope this is the right forum, so...

Anyone living in Alaska needs a part quickly, call Rod's Saw Shop at 127 Minnie Street in Fairbanks at 452-6318. I know, a shameless shout-out, but they have lots of parts and are willing to send via Express Mail if you ask for it. Local shop didn't have large 7-spline 3/8x7-tooth rims.

Warning about Lewis Winches. They will only work with 3/8x7-tooth sprockets. Their cutterless drive chain is too short to work even with an 8-7 tooth combo. Must both be 7-tooth. I am going to have a couple of spares made for me. I want to convert the winch to a .404 but there is a reinforcement cast into the gear case of the winch that will prevent my using this large chain. Have to call Lewis on Monday to see if I can get around removing it.

Freehand

Bump-Shizzy
Apr 7, 2013
Bitches Be Trippin
Need some vids of that Lewis winch doing some real work. I've lingered on the description and specs of it in the Bailey's catalog more times than I care to mention…….

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
Okay, I hope this is the right forum, so...

Anyone living in Alaska needs a part quickly, call Rod's Saw Shop at 127 Minnie Street in Fairbanks at 452-6318. I know, a shameless shout-out, but they have lots of parts and are willing to send via Express Mail if you ask for it. Local shop didn't have large 7-spline 3/8x7-tooth rims.

Warning about Lewis Winches. They will only work with 3/8x7-tooth sprockets. Their cutterless drive chain is too short to work even with an 8-7 tooth combo. Must both be 7-tooth. I am going to have a couple of spares made for me. I want to convert the winch to a .404 but there is a reinforcement cast into the gear case of the winch that will prevent my using this large chain. Have to call Lewis on Monday to see if I can get around removing it.
A person can make their own cutter-less chain out of old chain just by cutting the old teeth off. I've made many this way, so that a large variety of sprocket sizes can be used on the winches.

Yukon Stihl

Nov 15, 2013
Yukon Canada
Hi Nitroman
I used my Lewis with an 8 on it and a 10 on my 046.
Mine came with a 2100 CD on it.I needed it a couple of weeks ago and haven't went through the 2100 yet.Couldn't get it adjusted right so i decide to use the 046,don't have a spinner so the only way to use up the slack was with bigger gears.It came with 7 and 7.
8 is as big as mine would take.
Thomas

Nitroman

Dec 28, 2013
Southwest Alaska
I know I can make up a chain, but to do that I will have to take apart one of my precious Stihl chains. I will figure it out.

I have a big-azzed Milwaukee 1/4" die grinder (the BIG one), and plan on making some changes to the adapter. I'll lengthen the slots about 3/8" so it'll fit up. I was pissed at it when I first posted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Video of what we do for fun in Alaska Firearmz, Hunting, Camping, Fishing, Countryside, 7
cat-face timber Loaner saw Chainsawz 20
cat-face timber Husky 350 Project Saw Wanted 11
trx250r180 Three Saw Plan Chainsawz 78
maulhead Blue Makita Crankcase, For A 6400 - 7900 Type Saw Wanted 0
cat-face timber Tuning A Saw Chainsawz 10
Mike from Maine :update: On The Only Jms Saw Known To Be Still Running Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 164
cat-face timber Cft Saw Repair Chainsawz 62
M Ht 75 Stihl Pole Saw. Runs And I Deal No Power Chainsawz 6
stihl sawing Are you a saw worshipper Chainsawz 17
cat-face timber Saw build question Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 10
dieselfitter Saw comparison videos Chainsawz 7
N The latest thing in saw performance , saw owners going wild !! Chainsawz 21
cat-face timber How to start a saw Chainsawz 43
C what the heck happened to the saw builders on as? Chainsawz 67
DefinitiveDave Sticky: all mattering super important complete saw rebuild demonstration video Chainsawz 11
axlr8 Want to buy a MS260 Parts Saw. Wanted 0
rocketnorton why would a saw be stored like this? Chainsawz 21
TIMBERGHOST Comp. hot saw Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 9
cat-face timber Hey DSS What Saw would you use to fell this tree? The Razorback Lounge 15
H 2 H Starting a saw Chainsawz 3
cbfarmall Remington Bantam parts saw Wanted 1
Black Dog Chainsaw Need a 123-143 dolmar chassis saw Wanted 0
cjcocn Metal band saw $120 Hawgz Garage 62
cat-face timber Saw suggestion opinion wanted Chainsawz 12
cat-face timber How did a video of me using my SAW get put on the interwebs? The Razorback Lounge 4
B Ported saw wanted... For Sale 11
Hoggwood Loaner Saw? Chainsawz 48
Genius What's the most you lost on a saw? Chainsawz 20
sawjunky23 Poulan Pro Project saw. Wanted 2
David Young Used saw for more than retail Wanted 11
nhlogga I saw the new deere L series skidders Hawgz Back 40 23
C Saw running backwards? Chainsawz 9
Freehand I Saw A Ghost Today The Razorback Lounge 79
jimdad07 Lombard saw, looking for a carb kit Chainsawz 6
T Cub Cadet saw fer parts For Sale 6
Barneyrb Poulan 3450/3750/3500/3600 complete saw Wanted 3
T Partner 750 demo saw For Sale 23
IEL 200t box'O saw For Sale 21
T TS700 demo saw , 99cc monster ! For Sale 10
N Looking for good Husky saw project Wanted 4
jughead got this lil saw for sale The Razorback Lounge 8
ProMac For Sale: McCulloch 82cc saw and a lot of parts For Sale 659
komatsuvarna Sell Stihl 046 parts saw or parts For Sale 11
DefinitiveDave customer wondered why this saw stopped running Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 8
M Husky 350 parts saw or parts Wanted 0
C Chain Saw Industry magazines Chainsawz 1
DefinitiveDave Dave's winter saw build Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 41
A Another small saw Chainsawz 6
greendohn Stihl Warranty, Replaces Saw,,56cc(I think) Chainsawz 25