Amsoil Oils and Products.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Had the local Amsoil salesman stop in today. The pricing is very good and
no large commitment, just thinking stocking it as a well known name but priced
much cheaper than Stihl oil. I ran Amsoil in my saws for a year or more before using Klotz.
What's everyones thoughts and experiences is any with their products?

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Ran Sabre in all my saws until it became unavailable here. 50 gallons through my stumping saw two summers ago, piston looked new yet. Good stuff, some people just like to run it into the ground.....

Reactions: 1 person

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I have a decent amount of guys wanting to buy Stihl mix in Quarts but they don't offer it anymore.
The Sabre, Interceptor, and Dominator are all available in quarts at 10$ a piece. Which is less than
a 1$ per gallon of mix. Thanks Mitch for the input, I know how much beating stump saws can take and
thats impressive.

Reactions: 1 person

PB

Nov 5, 2012
I read somewhere (here or over at AS) that many dealers don't want to sell Sabre because at 100:1 it voids the warranty on most new equipment. Any truth to that?

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I read somewhere (here or over at AS) that many dealers don't want to sell Sabre because at 100:1 it voids the warranty on most new equipment. Any truth to that?
I asked the salesman, about that. He said that if the OEM denies the claim for warranty on the product
that you file a claim with Amsoil and they'll cover the unit. Not sure how much weight I put on that.
But I can tell you of the 2 cylinder warranties I've had on Stihl equipment in the 6 years working
in the shop, neither asked for a fuel sample.

Rarely do I have internal damage under warranty, I do 5-10 warranties on Stihl a year and almost
all are coils.

Last edited:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Ran it 50:1. As Tom has stated and I firmly believe, fresh fuel mixed with any decent oil goes along way. For that matter, how many 50+ year old saws exist in running order? Regular gasoline with minimal additives mixed 16:1 30w :wave:

Reactions: 2 people

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Ran it 50:1. As Tom has stated and I firmly believe, fresh fuel mixed with any decent oil goes along way. For that matter, how many 50+ year old saws exist in running order? Regular gasoline with minimal additives mixed 16:1 30w :wave:
We did discuss running it at 50:1 warranty reasons also.
He said it shouldn't be an issue running it at the normal saw ratio.

PB

Nov 5, 2012
Dumb question, but how do you guys measure oil out of quart bottles for mixing? Graduated cylinder, syringe, wing it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DefinitiveDave most used Meteor and caber products? Chainsawz 40