Quantcast

Another 346 thread

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Damn I need to start paying more attention to the smaller details with these buggers. Was going to throw on a top end tonight when I happened to take a peek at the crank. I thought the previous owner not only smoked the top end but twisted the crank or something......

So I strip the whole saw down and split it in half - to find out that the crank lobes are not equally sized :eek:h: Had I paid more attention in the past I may have noticed this :bananastop:

So now I have a split saw on the bench that needs (needs because I just have to replace them while it's apart) bearings and seals and gaskets, and, and, and, and..... So this saw is gonna cost me a bunch more than I originally anticipated - because I made a bonerheaded mistake :sucks::scrollingtongue::wheee::snoozin::lock::lock:

So much for my cheap 346, good thing I may or may not have a NIB saw hidden in the back, or two..... :D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score

This is what freaked me out.

mweba

Reaction score
Vise and brass hammer. Problem solved

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Nah the other side is the same. The crank is fine. False alarm, I'm a dummy who doesn't know the specs on a 346 crank is all :D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Wait, you guys that deal with 346's every day - please tell me your cranks are like this as well? Unequal sized crank lobes? It looks fine to me, I'm gonna run it, just gonna cost me more in gaskets and seals from tearing this SOB apart for no reason LOL

Cut4fun

Reaction score
please tell me your cranks are like this as well? Unequal sized crank lobes?

:rofl: :facepalm:

Just to ease your mind. Pic is from a 353 rebuild and pic was not for your reason but you should be able to tell.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Now why did you go and do that?

Sorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy :rofl:

To save him more embarrassment Mitch :sadshake:. I mean for petes sake he is a husky dealer and we cant have him going around spreading that kind of :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I was afraid he was going to break out a brass hammer to fix it next.

:facepalm:

David Young

Reaction score
Sorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy :rofl:

To save him more embarrassment Mitch :sadshake:. I mean for petes sake he is a husky dealer and we cant have him going around spreading that kind of :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I was afraid he was going to break out a brass hammer to fix it next.

:facepalm:
Hey Kevin you said on as that only two saws that beat your pp346. One was Danny's who built the other?

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Hey Kevin you said on as that only two saws that beat your pp346. One was Danny's who built the other?

Here is what was said. (((There has only been 2 50cc woods ported 346 that has out cut this OE 346 with 3/8 chain in the cuts at gtg's and one of those was Dan Henry ported.)))

That was 2 346 50cc saws running 3/8 chain like my little 46cc was. Work saws not race saws. :wink:

At that racing GTG it was = Mikes 346 50cc built by Andre username Andyshine. < builds strong azz 46cc & 50cc 346's and a 372 also. :bananawheel:

Grrr meant to hit edit............... That saw of mine now lives in the land of Oz..............

Last edited:

SawTroll

Reaction score

That was 2 346 50cc saws running 3/8 chain like my little 46cc was. Work saws not race saws. :wink:

At that racing GTG it was = Mikes 346 50cc built by Andre username Andyshine. < builds strong azz 46cc & 50cc 346's and a 372 also. :bananawheel:

45cc, not 46. :pirate:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Shop is closed Thursday through Sunday this week. Anybody else think I won't be able to stay away from that 346 and get it all put back together? :D

mweba

Reaction score
Shop is closed Thursday through Sunday this week. Anybody else think I won't be able to stay away from that 346 and get it all put back together? :D

Should be able to knock that out on a lunch break

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
You need to talk with management:upsidedownbanana:

Didn't get a response...... :thumbsdown:

Oh wait, response coming through just now......

Management said sure I can have a break. Just pick an arm or a leg..... :screwy: