Anybody into astronomy?

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
I was looking for a telescope for my son and I to use. My friend told me he had one I could have, if I came to get it. I didn't have high hopes. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Reactions: 13 people

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
That's what I said. Evidently, a guy gave it to my buddy after my buddy did some work on his house. My buddy has had it for a few years and never looked through it. He told he kept it around "just waiting for somebody to ask if he knew anyone who had a telescope." :D

Reactions: 6 people

fossil

Nov 2, 2013
Southern Ontario
I can't say I'm into it but we were up north last week having a campfire and my son in law got his 28 - 80 bird watching lens out and we could see the rings on Saturn. I thought that was pretty neat. Something you and your son could enjoy together for sure.
You should be able to get some great viewing with that one. Some have hook ups for a camera so you can take pics as well.

Great score.

I prefer watching birds over the rib of a 12 ga.

Oh, and Brad's idea might pan out as well.

Reactions: 10 people

greendohn

pacing is a way of life
Oct 17, 2013
Rush County
That is pretty neat looking scope.

Years ago, we ate some mushrooms up at Ball State,,I seen all kinds of stars that nite.:bananatrance:

Reactions: 10 people

Fifelaker

I can almost see Genius' mushroom cloud from here.
Jul 31, 2013
Fife lake,Mi
Check out qteaser.com, Mark is a good friend of mine. He was chosen by Meade as the astrophotographer of the year a few years ago. If you need any questions answered he is the guy to talk to.

KenJax Tree

Fuzz Nutz
Sep 29, 2013
That's what I said. Evidently, a guy gave it to my buddy after my buddy did some work on his house. My buddy has had it for a few years and never looked through it. He told he kept it around "just waiting for somebody to ask if he knew anyone who had a telescope." :D

Friends are friends.

Pals are pals.

Buddies sleep together.
Your words not mine

Got pics?