Anybody Into Machine Tools?

Laroo

BACK OFF!
Oct 13, 2013
Ewetah
Why do you take the labels off all your cans, do you just like a surprise at dinner time?
Empty coffee cans. The original and ultimate storage container.
I was a mechanic for 12 years, you can build up a lot of "extra" nuts and bolts in that time

I'm no bullsemenologist, but when you milk the bulls you're supposed to put that stuff in a fridge, not leave it on your workbench, I think.

DSS says if you leave it out too long it tastes funny.
WTF you talking about? Got no jizz on my work bench. There is a container of hand cleaning towels

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
We went to a guys house when he was at the church getting married. They had a massive amount of canned goods. We took every label

Wow, were they mad. Lol
Hoarder

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Neighbor stopped by. He's a toolmaker. He's looking around the shop and says " ya need anything? how ya sitting on carbide inserts, drills and taps" If you need anything, let me know. I told him I'd like to get a 4 jaw for the KO Lee. He says, "I got one, I'll be right back".
DSCN4230.JPG
It's got the correct Brown and Sharpe #9 taper. What are the odds? He says they have an old KO Lee at work they never use. He's gonna be bringing more tooling soon. Also coming soon, a nice heavy duty radii toolholder for the lathe.
He brought over a Herman Schmidt vise, very nice. he says" this stays separate from your stuff in my tool box". Really wish he would stop over more often.
DSCN4232.JPG DSCN4233.JPG

Majorpayne

How's your AC?
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois
Lowe's hardware is selling craftsman tools here now ...since sears left

Sawhawgz , ruining the internet since 2012...
We have a "privately" owned Sears catalogue store here and if you carry a tool in there for warranty they hand you a business card with the instructions on one side and address on the other.
Craftsman is owned by Stanley - Black and Decker now.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va