AR's

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement
I'm going to be heading to a training facility for a few weeks this winter and would like to get the most out of my time there. I'm going through the precision rifle class's and a few handgun class's.

They also offer carbine class's, but at this time I don't have a practical rifle to run. My currant AR is set up for precision work and isn't practical for CQB work.

what are some decently priced AR's?
Or, who makes a decent assembled upper? I have a few lowers I could slap a upper on, but I'm seeing uppers are close to what whole rifles are.

hell, I can get a DPMS Oricle for $600.

Some decent uppers I am finding in stock are Model 1 Sales for cheap. Then Del-Ton and PSA seem hit or miss.

Are the cheap rifles and uppers Any good or they piles of ✖✖✖✖?

Id like to keep it around $800, no more than $1000 because I still need a Aimpoint

Reactions: 1 person

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Aug 5, 2013
West Sunbury Pa.
If You shop around, I'm pretty sure You can find a Colt LE 6900 for around $800 .
BTW... what Aimpoint are You thinking about getting ?

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement
I ended up getting a Windham Weaponry AR. It should be at the shop today so I can take it home tomorrow. I also should be getting a EOTech in too. I was originally going to go for a Aimpoint, but my buddy can't get Aimpoints in, and for what he can get EOTechs for......

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
Wyndham seem pretty solid from what I've seen. The local shop carries them mainly. He did have a Daniel defense hunter version with the geisselle trigger.

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
My bro is all into the different ar's and builds his own different styles of them = many. Being I was in the military and shot a lot of m16's and was a armorer with many to take care of, I'm just not a fan of them. :saywhat:
This is his newest toy I think he got outright like this. I told him last year I prefer a AK version. ;)

arp.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

procarbine2k1

Jan 10, 2012
Wyndham seem pretty solid from what I've seen. The local shop carries them mainly. He did have a Daniel defense hunter version with the geisselle trigger.
Daniel Defense is where its at. Heck of a company too!

As far as high end stuff, I handled a LWRC w/ adjustable piston upper a while back in .308. Real bad news gun!

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
Noveske is one of the nicer rifles too. If I can snag one that will be my next one. I want to go gas piston on a second one.