Bar Shop

heimannm

Feb 6, 2014
Dike, Iowa
I saw one of these again this week, wish I had one in my shop.

DSC04728.jpg

DSC04727.jpg

I have the little bar rail grinder from Bailey's, but at this time I do not have any good way to recut the grooves when they need it. the Dremel with a cut off wheel is just not quite good enough.

DSCN4567.jpg

Mark

Reactions: 5 people

paccity

Oct 15, 2013
?
you should get it. they are not making them any more. but i hear you can still get parts and usables for them.

Reactions: 3 people

heimannm

Feb 6, 2014
Dike, Iowa
There are a lot of things in that place I'd like to have, but alas they are not available now or at any time in the foreseeable future.

Mark

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
The Bar Shop is one of the handiest tools ever. When I was at the dealership, I used it everyday. I still go in and use it about once every other week.

Reactions: 2 people

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
The Bar Shop is one of the handiest tools ever. When I was at the dealership, I used it everyday. I still go in and use it about once every other week.
Did you work in that saw shop in Medford that had the old saws on display? Can't remember the name of it (or what street it was on)................but I went there with my buddy about 10 years ago when I went up for a visit. IIRC, the last time I talked to him he said it was closed.

cowroy

Jan 20, 2013
Knoxville
The best setup for bar grooves I have seen so far was a locked in drill press that was exactly the perfect height off the table. Worked pretty good from what I remember.

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
Did you work in that saw shop in Medford that had the old saws on display? Can't remember the name of it (or what street it was on)................but I went there with my buddy about 10 years ago when I went up for a visit. IIRC, the last time I talked to him he said it was closed.
I think you're referring to the old Rogue River Saw & Supply. I never worked there but I was real friendly with the owner and I went down and helped the owner's son clean that place out when the owner died. He paid me in three pickup loads of parts and old saw carcasses. I mainly worked at South Douglas Saw in Canyonville and the old Santa Clara Lawn and Garden store in Eugene. South Douglas was a Sthl/Husky/Jonsered/Echo/Partner/Poulan dealer back in the day, but just does Stihl now. Santa Clara Lawn and Garden was a Stihl/Husky/Solo/Echo dealer. The main Stihl dealer in Medford now is Crater Chainsaw which does Stihl and Husky. They sell around 3000 new saws a year.

Reactions: 1 person

R DeLawter

Feb 6, 2014
Indiana
Here is one of two that I have. ( Some guards are off for painting) I use it on a regular basis. The other one is, I think, one of the largest models they made. This one I have owned 8 years and the larger one 24 years and it has been in storage since 1993. Will be getting it out this spring because It has a bigger tables on it for the longer bars I seem to be doing more of. They do take up a lot of room.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 people

chainsawlady

Mar 1, 2014
I would also like one!

I know a AS member who has one in IL...
Just found this thread and really made me homesick to see the Barshop again. We bought one in 1980 when we built the new shop. Sold it on a sale in 2004 after my husband died and it didn't bring much money. Wish I would have kept it and One of the familiar names I see here, could have it.We had 3 chain saw shrpeners, 2 on tall stand - one for drags and one for teeth. The third one was smaller for the little chains in later years
chainsawlady

Reactions: 7 people

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
I think you're referring to the old Rogue River Saw & Supply. I never worked there but I was real friendly with the owner and I went down and helped the owner's son clean that place out when the owner died. He paid me in three pickup loads of parts and old saw carcasses. I mainly worked at South Douglas Saw in Canyonville and the old Santa Clara Lawn and Garden store in Eugene. South Douglas was a Sthl/Husky/Jonsered/Echo/Partner/Poulan dealer back in the day, but just does Stihl now. Santa Clara Lawn and Garden was a Stihl/Husky/Solo/Echo dealer. The main Stihl dealer in Medford now is Crater Chainsaw which does Stihl and Husky. They sell around 3000 new saws a year.
That's it! I was only in there once, and that was unfortunately before I was really 'into' old saws. Now that I think about it, that must've been somewhere around 2001-2002 or so. THREE pickup loads of parts and carcasses? Wow....

I would also like one!

I know a AS member who has one in IL...
Yep. He's also a taxidermist and a hell of a nice guy. He's a member here too.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Modifiedmark

Nov 1, 2013
Just found this thread and really made me homesick to see the Barshop again. We bought one in 1980 when we built the new shop. Sold it on a sale in 2004 after my husband died and it didn't bring much money. Wish I would have kept it and One of the familiar names I see here, could have it.We had 3 chain saw shrpeners, 2 on tall stand - one for drags and one for teeth. The third one was smaller for the little chains in later years
chainsawlady
I understand all that!

I have a second grinder on my wish list to setup just for doing drags...

firefighterwolf

Dec 28, 2013
I thought for sure you were talking about Wolfard Equipment, Inc. 1116 N Riverside Ave. Medford, OR. Closed May 2009.

My Father's and Grandfather's business. Had a "Bar Shop". Had about a dozen old saws on display. Homelites & Mauls.

Reactions: 2 people

R DeLawter

Feb 6, 2014
Indiana
I thought for sure you were talking about Wolfard Equipment, Inc. 1116 N Riverside Ave. Medford, OR. Closed May 2009.

My Father's and Grandfather's business. Had a "Bar Shop". Had about a dozen old saws on display. Homelites & Mauls.
You probably have some neat memories of the business. Do you have any pictures? I am sure we would enjoy them as we all like looking at saw shops.

Welcome aboard

Modifiedmark

Nov 1, 2013
Here is one of two that I have. ( Some guards are off for painting) I use it on a regular basis. The other one is, I think, one of the largest models they made. This one I have owned 8 years and the larger one 24 years and it has been in storage since 1993. Will be getting it out this spring because It has a bigger tables on it for the longer bars I seem to be doing more of. They do take up a lot of room.

Let me know when you get that other one out this spring. I got a couple bars I would like regroove to .063.

Be nice to come over and visit anyway

Reactions: 3 people
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wilsonishere Wanted Mcculloch sp 125 handle bar / grip aasy Wanted 0
The Hangman 59 2095- Suggestions On Mods To Suit A Convertible Mill/occasional Long Bar Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 89
J Wtb 28-32” Roller Nose Bar For Homelite Xl-850, Also Felling Dogs Wanted 102
cat-face timber Bar Maintenance Chainsawz 47
M Echo Bar Oil Chainsawz 15
trx250r180 What Chainsaw Oil Is The Best ? Mix And Bar Oil Chainsawz 148
mortalitool Stihl Bar Stud-threaded Insert Chainsawz 9
cat-face timber Homelite Super XL 925 Bar/Chain Wanted 3
cat-face timber Opinion Needed on this Bar Chainsawz 3
stihl sawing Stihl MS 250 with modified bar For Sale 157
roberte sugi hara bar tip Wanted 31
echoshawn Echo 650/660EVL clutch cover/bar clamp wanted Wanted 0
Termitebuffet Oe 346 wif bar For Sale 57
Jimmy in NC 394xp & the 42" bar Chainsawz 18
D Stihl Rollomatic ES Guide Bar - 28" Wide Nose? Chainsawz 8
cat-face timber Bar Tip Wanted 10
cat-face timber Will this bar work on my Huskys? Chainsawz 4
S Makita 6401, sugihara 32" bar, how long of a chain? Chainsawz 9
Jimmy in NC Looking for Total Bar Tip Chainsawz 17
Homelite410 Custom chainsaw bar Chainsawz 5
Mastermind Bar Studs Stripped Out Of Case......How To Fix Chainsawz 52
cat-face timber How to tell if you BAR is wore out Chainsawz 27
de_dubya Bar Question Chainsawz 14
axlr8 36" 3002 Stihl Bar For Sale 11
G Need 32" bar and full skip chain Wanted 8
cat-face timber No Bar oil added Chainsawz 2
cat-face timber Used engine oil for Bar oil WTF Chainsawz 50
shotgun Husqvarna/Jonsered 20" 3/8 .050 bar Wanted 21
T Roller nose General bar For Sale 27
maulhead For Sale: Brand New OEM Stihl 1/2 Wrap Handle Bar 044 046 440 460 461 For Sale 3
dboyd351 Using Stiohl bar on Husky mount Chainsawz 2
BloodOnTheIce $750 Chainsaw Bar Chainsawz 29
B General 60 inch bar and chain for Homelite For Sale 1
B Small Husky 18" Bar Wanted 8
trx250r180 42 inch bar Chainsawz 3
r2d Stihl es 28" bar plus 5 chains For Sale 35
BloodOnTheIce Homelite 340 with 16" bar and chain For Sale 5
homemade Stihl Ms390 bar plate Wanted 2
S 58 gauge bar Wanted 22
T anyone interested in a cannon bar group buy. it could save you up to 20% off Chainsawz 70
K 14 pin .404 sprocket is way wider than bar tail. Hawgz Back 40 21
M Bar for 4-30 McCulloch chainsaw, 42" length Wanted 0
W Size Matters ... when it comes to chainsaws & bar length's Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 3
Haywire Haywood Free to a good home... Stihl to Husq bar adapter For Sale 4
Hoggwood Pro mac 850 Handle Bar Wanted 0
hseII Possible Lon Bar MS660 Chainsawz 6
Black Dog Chainsaw Husky 262xp w/ 20" bar For Sale 0
griffonks NOS Shindaiwa poulan bar For Sale 0
Jimmy in NC Bar rehab Chainsawz 7
cat-face timber Stihl/Pioneer Bar Question Chainsawz 4