Quantcast

Bar spacers 10mm to Alpina

exSW

thinking of old guys’ balls
Reaction score
In my barcapades last week the saw shop sent me home with a Total 28" Superbar with a 10mm slot.Everything was perfect,the profile, the oil holes,the adjustment holes it was just the Alpina uses an 8.5mm slot.Any solutions already in existance?

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Reaction score
In my barcapades last week the saw shop sent me home with a Total 28" Superbar with a 10mm slot.Everything was perfect,the profile, the oil holes,the adjustment holes it was just the Alpina uses an 8.5mm slot.Any solutions already in existance?

Use one of Homelite410's Husky/Stihl bar adapters ($12 shipped) and open the bar slot up to 12mm.:thumbsup:

Another way to do it would be to instead replicate the old 'S' stud spacers as used on Homelites and Poulans with 5/16" studs when running 3/8" slot bars. Some Jonsereds were also sold with 'S' spacers for using the old 10mm slot Jonsereds bars (that Total bar was probably intended for a Jonsereds) on the Husky built Jonsered saws with 9mm studs (such as the 625, 630, and 670).

Guys have used the spring stock from an old wiper blade to make 'S' spacers. You can also use 3/8" hardware store extension spring to make stud spacers. Cut them about 4 coils long.

exSW

thinking of old guys’ balls
Reaction score
After I went back he dug around some more and came up with a Sandvik 24" that was exactly right.

Latest posts