Beer geek

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I don't really know much about beer. For instance how to properly describe what I taste when I drink it. Or what different things do to affect the taste. Or how to make different types of beer. But I love beer. And try to consume as many different types by as many different brewers as possible.

Whatchall drinkin?

Reactions: 3 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
I had some spotted cow over the weekend that wendell brought down to terrys gtg. I've got leinie summer shandy in the fridge right now.:couchbeer:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
I use to drink way to much, when my daughter was born I hung it up for six years not touching a drop. Approx a year ago I picked it up again although not in the same manner. A six pack a week will do me just fine. When I drank a lot it was Busch Light, now all I drink is dark beer usually microbrews.

Due to ease of access the beer I drink the most is Leinenkugels classic amber but my favorites are Leinies Creamy Dark, Millstreambrewing Schild Brau Amber and Back Road Stout.

Wendell never brings me any spotted cow....even though he has been to my place four or five times:angry: New Glarius is a good brew too

Reactions: 4 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
I used to drink budweiser, then bud light, then anything after I was drunk. Now I just like to have 1 or 2 in the evening and it's more flavorful beer. I like the darker beers mostly now. I did try some dead guy ale from oregon that was pretty good. It was at the grocery store in a 22.

Reactions: 1 person

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Im a natural light fella myself, Its kinda weak as well....which works out good for me because I love to drink Beer, But I hate getting drunk or even getting close to drunk. I really like Budweiser too, but I sure can't handle much more than a 6 pack of that and Im done!! Natty Light's got a good price too!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Natty light makes me think there's Cheerios in muh bud light... Seriously tastes like Cheerios is in muh bud light.

Not saying thats a bad thing, just odd. Drank that for a good spell a couple summers ago, nothing like a 30 pack for $11 :D

rms61moparman

Jan 12, 2012
Franklinton, Kentucky
FINALLY!!!

A thread here that I can join with confidence!

I love beer!
The three tap kegerator behind me can attest to that.

On tap now, I have

1) Great Lakes Brewing Company.....Commodore Perry
A world class (Gold Medal winning) India Pale Ale
Highly hopped and heady with a fantastic aroma and flavor.

2) Widmer Bros. O'Ryely's I.P.A.
My favorite rye IPA (so far) more hop flavor than the above.
Not as many subtle flavors but a hop heads delight!

3) Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald
A very lightly smoked Porter with a fantastic malt bill and just a hint of the wonderful "Simcoe" hop.
Probably my all time favorite beer and ALWAYS on tap here.

Pardon me while I pull a frosted glass and tap one.

Mike

Reactions: 6 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Hmmm I didn't see any samples at the ia gtg.....we all know its really about food and beer:)

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
FINALLY!!!

A thread here that I can join with confidence!

I love beer!
The three tap kegerator behind me can attest to that.

On tap now, I have

1) Great Lakes Brewing Company.....Commodore Perry
A world class (Gold Medal winning) India Pale Ale
Highly hopped and heady with a fantastic aroma and flavor.

2) Widmer Bros. O'Ryely's I.P.A.
My favorite rye IPA (so far) more hop flavor than the above.
Not as many subtle flavors but a hop heads delight!

3) Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald
A very lightly smoked Porter with a fantastic malt bill and just a hint of the wonderful "Simcoe" hop.
Probably my all time favorite beer and ALWAYS on tap here.

Pardon me while I pull a frosted glass and tap one.

Mike
Hey... Anything with the name Edmund Fitzgerald in it has got to be good... :rock:

Good seein' ya the other day Mike...
Levi thinks you're cool...

rms61moparman

Jan 12, 2012
Franklinton, Kentucky
Matter of fact, I think Levi is pretty darn cool too!!!

I hope you know how lucky you are to have a son that shares your interests and cares about something more than video games and looking like a prison reject!!
Keep encouraging his interest in music it has been one of my best friends for the last 35 years.

Great to see you again and meet your lovely wife and son. Hope you can all make Wiggs GTG this fall.

Mike

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
Does moonshine count as a beer? :) that's about all I can drink. Beer only taste good after the shine :)

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Does moonshine count as a beer? :) that's about all I can drink. Beer only taste good after the shine :)
OK, you and my wife need to hang. We'll be down in the fall :santabanana::bananacheers:

rms61moparman

Jan 12, 2012
Franklinton, Kentucky
Maybe it's because you have only drank that "horse pi$$ with the foam farted off" that the vast majority of Americans call beer!!!
Everybody is a beer drinker...they might not have found the right beer yet though!

Mike

Reactions: 4 people

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
I actually used to like bud ice back in the day. Like 10 years ago lol. Probably doesn't exist now.