Bike pics

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
I have a friend with a V-Strom, him and his wife have traveled all over hell on it. Looks like you rode it a long way, the one picture shows the ocean on the right, hooray East coast
LOL. Hadn't thought of that. That pic is facing south. Looking back towards the way I came in.

Would like to do a cross country ride some day. Also would like to take a ride up to Canada and a ride up/over to Alaska. That won't be for a good while methinks.

Hoping to make a run up the coast to RandyMac's kneck of the woods sometime soon. That'll be fun. A bit over 300 miles. Would have to stop by for a GFY or three at Rob's house in Willits of course....

Laroo

Dreams of $3500 of bacon
Oct 13, 2013
Ewetah
LOL. Hadn't thought of that. That pic is facing south. Looking back towards the way I came in.

Would like to do a cross country ride some day. Also would like to take a ride up to Canada and a ride up/over to Alaska. That won't be for a good while methinks.

Hoping to make a run up the coast to RandyMac's kneck of the woods sometime soon. That'll be fun. A bit over 300 miles. Would have to stop by for a GFY or three at Rob's house in Willits of course....
I have traveled the Alcan highway, if you head up there give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the trip, if you are on a time constraint it turns into a miserable trip.

stihl sawing

aquirrel aficionado
Jan 12, 2012
Arkysaw
There's a stretch of road in north Arkysaw that is in the middle of nowhere and a long way to nothing, you better have plenty of gas on the bike. I was sweatin bullets when we went through there on the wing a few years back. just knew I was gonna run outta gas and a bear run out in front of us. spazzed the wife out.

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Sep 29, 2013
surrey bc can
congrats, aaron. enjoy.
been bout 2 mo. here w/o ride, hopin to change that tomorrow. posed to be nice weekend.

Majorpayne

How's your AC?
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois
This ain't no unicycle.......

Made me smile when I read the above posts today. This bike sounds fantastic with those Akrapovic cans. Almost like a Ducati, without the costs or upkeep headaches....

Picked this up on Sunday. Rode it home from SF. 2006 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom. Been wanting one for a while. Mom left us some money, and after paying things off and rehabbing our credit....................The War Dept™ gave me the green light for the mid-life-crisis stress burner you see here.

Seller set it up perfectly for me. Forks are resprung for my weight and have Race Tech Gold Valves in 'em. Rear shock is a fully adjustable Ohlins, properly sprung and valved for me. The Akrapovic exhaust is perfect. Glad I didn't have to shell out $1K for it. Got the bike for the cost of all the mods he put into it. Killer deal. Seller is a former Suzuki dealer, and has owned and serviced it since new. Can't beat that....

First pic is from the seller's CL ad. Rest I shot yesterday in the Coleman Beach parking lot alongside Bodega Bay. About 10 seconds later, a young CHP officer in an Explorer pulled up and chatted with me about how glorious this February day was, and how perfect it was for taking a ride to the beach.
Nice.

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
It's a standoff that the former owner's buddy made for him. He mounted his GPS unit to it. Just a clamp with a 7/8" (bar diameter) post on it for mounting accessories. Pretty slick.
Im tall so the bump in the seat was always in the way, took the seat cover off and ground the hump off, mucho better.
The valves are a pain in the ass to adjust, BTDT
Added the madstad winscreen and heated grips. The windscreen add on made a huge difference.
131.jpg

roberte

little man
Sep 30, 2013
This ain't no unicycle.......

Made me smile when I read the above posts today. This bike sounds fantastic with those Akrapovic cans. Almost like a Ducati, without the costs or upkeep headaches....

Picked this up on Sunday. Rode it home from SF. 2006 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom. Been wanting one for a while. Mom left us some money, and after paying things off and rehabbing our credit....................The War Dept™ gave me the green light for the mid-life-crisis stress burner you see here.

Seller set it up perfectly for me. Forks are resprung for my weight and have Race Tech Gold Valves in 'em. Rear shock is a fully adjustable Ohlins, properly sprung and valved for me. The Akrapovic exhaust is perfect. Glad I didn't have to shell out $1K for it. Got the bike for the cost of all the mods he put into it. Killer deal. Seller is a former Suzuki dealer, and has owned and serviced it since new. Can't beat that....

First pic is from the seller's CL ad. Rest I shot yesterday in the Coleman Beach parking lot alongside Bodega Bay. About 10 seconds later, a young CHP officer in an Explorer pulled up and chatted with me about how glorious this February day was, and how perfect it was for taking a ride to the beach.

Eye want to sea ewe show up with your 288 on it

roberte

little man
Sep 30, 2013

Cup of coffee only takes a minute.

Eye might need a wedge pounder coming up, if your up for some saw action?