Bike pics

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Im tall so the bump in the seat was always in the way, took the seat cover off and ground the hump off, mucho better.
The valves are a pain in the ass to adjust, BTDT
Added the madstad winscreen and heated grips. The windscreen add on made a huge difference.
View attachment 47635
Nice pic. I'm short, and the gel seat the PO installed has worked well for me so far. Haven't gone on any long rides yet.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to removing the tank ad fairings and such to do the valve clearances. At least the cams are gear driven (timing chain doesn't go up over the cams). Much easier to R/R the cams if I need to swap shims.

Probably will go with a Madstad screen and brackets. Bit of buffeting over 60mph with the stock screen. I've already used the heated grips. Keeps the hands from going numb.

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Eye want to sea ewe show up with your 288 on it
Hmmm...

Powerhead would be easy. Bar will take some thought. RM carried a Mac 797 with a 48" b/c on a small Honda twin, so it certainly is possible.

Cup of coffee only takes a minute.

Eye might need a wedge pounder coming up, if your up for some saw action?
Coffee/GFY stops are mandatory. Yessir some saw action sounds good. Count me in.

greendohn

pacing is a way of life
Oct 17, 2013
Rush County
Thanks Rick. I've only put about 200 miles on it so far, but I'm already loving it.
200 miles a day or more is what I usually log on my brothers when I cabbage it from him.
He is 30/40 pounds heavier than I am, so I generally soften that rear shock (Its all stock).
Keep an eyeball on the chain!!
Brothers chain went sideways and busted the engine case.

greendohn

pacing is a way of life
Oct 17, 2013
Rush County
20180206_214503.jpg
Swillin' a cold frostie the other nite, eye decided to pull the covers off Eurotrash for a looky sea..then of course had to make sure the factory battery tender was doing it's job,,he fired rite up,,,not bad for a 2014 date stamped battery.
Needs new skins before riding.

Attachments

greendohn

pacing is a way of life
Oct 17, 2013
Rush County
It's a nice machine, probably couldn't wear that engine out.
Eye sure hope you're rite.
I bought it with 2300 miles in it.
Changed the oil/filter after logging about 500 miles. The female cop I bought it from had it factory serviced, parked in climate controlled garage..after market support is scarce and high dollar.
and eye yam poor.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Nice pic. I'm short, and the gel seat the PO installed has worked well for me so far. Haven't gone on any long rides yet.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to removing the tank ad fairings and such to do the valve clearances. At least the cams are gear driven (timing chain doesn't go up over the cams). Much easier to R/R the cams if I need to swap shims.

Probably will go with a Madstad screen and brackets. Bit of buffeting over 60mph with the stock screen. I've already used the heated grips. Keeps the hands from going numb.

GWS CBcocn

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
When we were on the great divide ride one fellow on a BMW850 had a front caliper fall off and into the spokes,,luckily no damage, we did a roadside fix.
@ the next small town he found a bike shop, them bolts were an odd size and length, they guy made some up, just luck for that. The bike was near new, I found out later bmw owner is part owner of a hilton,,, you would never know. I was the only poor guy on the ride,,

greendohn

pacing is a way of life
Oct 17, 2013
Rush County
You bunch of gangsta's
No eye aint!

I'm fact, I'm kind of chicken shit on sweeping hilly, hiways at speed, maybe too many years doin' x-rays/CAT Scans thru E.R. or pretty much being with out a bike of my own for so many years,,but eye really do enjoy those backroad barn burnin' rides.

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
I used to like my XL500 with decent tires on the very twisty hilly road to the next town 20 miles of fun rowing the gears and brakes.
I have a lead on a 1986 xl600r with 4000 miles on it, service by honda every year, stored in a heated man cave. Working on they guy,,he is family so its a little easier, he has a KLR as well. Probaly sell my XL250 and DT200