Bike pics

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Drove the loaded box truck over Donner Pass again. Despite being heavier (significantly........though I ain't saying any #'s on the interwebs..) than last time, it did much better.

Cool night air (last time it was mid day and HOT) and a driver that's now pretty well aquainted with how to get the most outa that DT466E when loaded at high altitudes) helped. The engine seems to be running better too. It had been mostly dormant for months.

Now it has a good 3k plus recent miles on it, with fresh fuel and lotsa Redline 85+ and silver bottle Power Service through it. During the previous eastbound run it had developed some ocasional injector stiction, but that's history now. Still no spedster, but....

nk14zp

Nov 7, 2013
Downeast Maine.
belsawsawmills.freeforums.org
Drove the loaded box truck over Donner Pass again. Despite being heavier (significantly........though I ain't saying any #'s on the interwebs..) than last time, it did much better.

Cool night air (last time it was mid day and HOT) and a driver that's now pretty well aquainted with how to get the most outa that DT466E when loaded at high altitudes) helped. The engine seems to be running better too. It had been mostly dormant for months.

Now it has a good 3k plus recent miles on it, with fresh fuel and lotsa Redline 85+ and silver bottle Power Service through it. During the previous eastbound run it had developed some ocasional injector stiction, but that's history now. Still no spedster, but....
You probly have some but I'd make sure ttwo have some fuel fillters with me.

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Tl;dr

FINALLY made it to the homestead last night at around 2030 hrs. Damn that was a grind. Details to follow sometime later. Suffice to say........the DT466 is a bulletproof engine that puts up with a shitton of abuse, but the 'E' crapola they saddled it with was a major step backwards. I'll definitely own a mechanical DT466 someday, but will NEVER buy another computer controlled diesel truck. NEVER. When ONE faulty sensor/connector/wire can cause an ECU to derate (cut the nuts off) an otherwise perfectly functional engine, that's unacceptable. Call me a luddite. I care not. Fucking IPC sensor. Fucking Code 333. Yes I cleaned the strainer and replaced the fuel filter (wif a mexican FleetGuard). Made a mess doing that in a gas station parking lot in SLC (to no avail).

Ahem...

In the beginning, God created man. Through the ages, man begat Rudolph Diesel, who brought us the magnificent compression ignition engine which bares his name. Decendants Cummins, GMC/Detroit, International Harvester, Perkins, Buda, MAN, Cat, Fairbanks-Morse, and others refined this great gift for us. It was good.

Then in the 1980's, heretics at Cat and International/Navistar/ITEC/whatever, corruped by snakes in the EPA and their employer's marketing departments, fancied themselves more clever than those that preceeded them, and endeavored to raise themselves above their predacessors for pride's sake. They then worked together to pervert this marvel of simplicity, durrability, and strength by crossbreeding it with computers, finicky/failure prone sensors/wiring/connectors, and extremely expensive/fragile/contamination sensitive high pressure fuel and oil pumps and injectors. This was done in the quest for glory through more horsepower, lower emissions, and 'tunability' while forsaking the virtues of reliability and simplicity which had made this engine great. In this a greivous sin had been committed.

This morning I helped the crazy Russian car hauler unload my IHC and Ford Iron. Now I'm typing this screed while pooping. Then I'm off to shave and shower, pack a few undershirts and skivvies, and catch a flight back to Ka. Ckelp will pick me up where the airporter buss drops me off and let me crash at his pad. Next morning, I load up the F250 and trailer with my tractor and remaining junk and head east to Wyoming AGAIN. Last run. We've owned the new house for a month or so already............and yet I think I've spent 4 nights here. Damn I'm ready to be done moving......

DSS

Prince of Tater Island
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
Tl;dr

FINALLY made it to the homestead last night at around 2030 hrs. Damn that was a grind. Details to follow sometime later. Suffice to say........the DT466 is a bulletproof engine that puts up with a shitton of abuse, but the 'E' crapola they saddled it with was a major step backwards. I'll definitely own a mechanical DT466 someday, but will NEVER buy another computer controlled diesel truck. NEVER. When ONE faulty sensor/connector/wire can cause an ECU to derate (cut the nuts off) an otherwise perfectly functional engine, that's unacceptable. Call me a luddite. I care not. Fucking IPC sensor. Fucking Code 333. Yes I cleaned the strainer and replaced the fuel filter (wif a mexican FleetGuard). Made a mess doing that in a gas station parking lot in SLC (to no avail).

Ahem...

In the beginning, God created man. Through the ages, man begat Rudolph Diesel, who brought us the magnificent compression ignition engine which bares his name. Decendants Cummins, GMC/Detroit, International Harvester, Perkins, Buda, MAN, Cat, Fairbanks-Morse, and others refined this great gift for us. It was good.

Then in the 1980's, heretics at Cat and International/Navistar/ITEC/whatever, corruped by snakes in the EPA and their employer's marketing departments, fancied themselves more clever than those that preceeded them, and endeavored to raise themselves above their predacessors for pride's sake. They then worked together to pervert this marvel of simplicity, durrability, and strength by crossbreeding it with computers, finicky/failure prone sensors/wiring/connectors, and extremely expensive/fragile/contamination sensitive high pressure fuel and oil pumps and injectors. This was done in the quest for glory through more horsepower, lower emissions, and 'tunability' while forsaking the virtues of reliability and simplicity which had made this engine great. In this a greivous sin had been committed.

This morning I helped the crazy Russian car hauler unload my IHC and Ford Iron. Now I'm typing this screed while pooping. Then I'm off to shave and shower, pack a few undershirts and skivvies, and catch a flight back to Ka. Ckelp will pick me up where the airporter buss drops me off and let me crash at his pad. Next morning, I load up the F250 and trailer with my tractor and remaining junk and head east to Wyoming AGAIN. Last run. We've owned the new house for a month or so already............and yet I think I've spent 4 nights here. Damn I'm ready to be done moving......
Pics of the busted ass unicycle at Pep Boys?