bills adventures

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
I spoke with Bill a few days ago. He sold $1000 in saws last week. He's been slammed lately. He'll be back when he gets caught up.
In other news, Adam's wife gave birth to a baby girl a week or two ago. I haven't heard much from him. He hasn't been getting much sleep lately. I had dinner with Andy(dodgegeek) tonight. He's been selling off a few of his Dodges and bought another also. We are all planning on attending Hedgefest in March.

shotgun

Proud Liberal
Jun 29, 2014
I spoke with Bill a few days ago. He sold $1000 in saws last week. He's been slammed lately. He'll be back when he gets caught up.
In other news, Adam's wife gave birth to a baby girl a week or two ago. I haven't heard much from him. He hasn't been getting much sleep lately. I had dinner with Andy(dodgegeek) tonight. He's been selling off a few of his Dodges and bought another also. We are all planning on attending Hedgefest in March.
Congrats to Adam!!

hseII

Dec 28, 2013
Thanks Randy. It's gonna be another project. You poor bastards put up with a whole summer of Toro project pics and stories without complaining. Next year it will be this JD project.

Buy it and figure it out later. One of two things, you get a hell of a deal or, have a character building experience. That's all I've ever done.

lol I give less than 20% odds of selling the Toro to this guy but even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

I llike doing that kinda machine work. Whaddya need done?

Cool. Any leads on service manuals? JD is pretty tight with their info.
I’ll have to ask pops; it’s his endeavor.

I would think the shipping would be killer.

Reactions: dieselfitter

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Hi Nick, good to hear from you.
Adam bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee identical to mine for $400. It needs engine work. He pulled it apart today. One of the pistons was missing the skirt.
I've been working on the telehandler. It now moves, all three gears without the brakes dragging. The $600 brake valve was a red herring.
FTW
Someone had moved some hoses around in an attempt to bypass the grapple valve. That created a massive internal leak that overwhelmed the return oil and created back pressure that applied the brakes(variable displacement pump, closed center vale).
After correcting the hose routing, then engine wouldn't start, it would crank a few turns and lock up. The engine starting problem turned out to be the de-stroke valve and pressure regulator valve on the hyd pump were stuck with some metal filings. The pump was stuck at full volume and wouldn't unload. Before we corrected the hose routing, it would start because it had a massive internal leak and couldn't make pressure.
Then, when I shut off the engine, the engine would spin backwards a few revolutions. There is a check valve in the brake system that stores hydraulic pressure for braking by means of an accumulator. A piece of teflon backing ring had jammed it open. When I shut off the engine, that stored up pressure would back feed and spin the engine.
I suspect the metal filings came from the hydraulic pump. I'm gonna run it and if/when it acts up again, I'll tear into the pump. The origin of the teflon backing ring has got me wondering where it came from. There are quite a few different locations it could have come from. I'm hoping a symptom will help narrow the search.
It still labors the engine when lowering the boom, that might be the symptom I'm hoping for. Gonna study the hydraulic schematic some more...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shotgun Hawgz Back 40 121
ChainsawmanXXX Chainsawz 4