Quantcast

Blaster's LMT spray

reynog

Reaction score
Anyone use this stuff in a two stroke? I tried some in an old mower I had sitting around and it seemed to work pretty well. I'm thinking about trying it in a couple of saws and a hedge trimmer.
Any thoughts?

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Isn't that the carb cleaner stuff....???

It may pull whatever gunk out that's on the surface but I certainly wouldn't put it in the same boat as a real "carb cleaning" or anything.

And like with most sprays, it'll prolly dry rot the hell out of any rubber gromets, bushings, boots, ect.....

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I would think it would only dry rot something if it were left on there for a period of time longer than just passing through.

I personally don't believe in just spraying anything to attempt to clean it. If it works at all it will simply be a bandaid fix similar to adjusting a carburetor that needs to be cleaned. Temporary fix that really isn't a fix and might actually do further damage. If you take it apart to clean it and use that stuff then that's a different story. Best money I invested for carb cleaning was the ultrasonic cleaner. Simple non-toxic cleaner at 110 degrees for 10 minutes works most everytime. With no fumes or harsh chemicals that may affect internal rubber or plastic parts on these sensitive carbs.

But if tearing stuff apart isn't your thing, then try using it. Typically if you use it as directed on the can you'll see good results. If it doesn't work, don't do something differently as it won't be designed to work that way and you may damage something. If it doesnt work per the instructions then a different method of cleaning should be used.

Latest posts