Boeing 787 came to Boston

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Today when I got to work we had the Boeing 787 Dreamliner in our hangar. Boeing is doing a world tour with their new product, hitting certain cities and Boston was one of them. Thought you guys might like to have a look.

Here is a little information on said plane: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Eric, this plane is something different. They are running all sorts of tests on this "hybrid" of a plane. This acft has all electric brakes for one.. Boeing is trying to reduce weight in any area they can. The only hydraulics on this plane are some of the flt surfaces...and they run at 6000 psi opposed to the nml 3000 psi we are use to. The fuselage/empennage/wings are all composite. The plain is 30% more fuel efficient then simular sized acft. There are a lot of neat features and it was cool to see it up close.

A picture of one of the main trucks with the electric brakes.
Note: all the orange wires (according to a Boeing rep) are for experiments they are running.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Once you get that thing ported it might keep up with the AirBus... :D
Scare bus...

Since we merged with N/W, I've had to learn A319/320 and the A330... a lot different then the boeing brand. If it aint Boeing I'm not going...

All joking aside, they have their good points, just takes some getting use to.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Not too shabby. Looks impressive with an 8k mile range. Until you see a 36,641 gal fuel tank, putting at it less than a quarter mile per gallon :burnout:

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Not too shabby. Looks impressive with an 8k mile range. Until you see a 36,641 gal fuel tank, putting at it less than a quarter mile per gallon :burnout:
What you say Tom? Put an 8 pin on it :)

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Nah it's almost 200 feet at the wingspan. You've got more than enough room to hang a couple more of them Rolls Royce turbines on there and get that bad boy up to mach1. It's almost there as it is, you can do it.

So im kinda saying put a 9 or 10 pin on there :banana: