Building a high tensilve 8 strand fence

Poncho

Mar 5, 2012
Lacrosse WI
I have an apple orchard in the back yard that currently has 28 trees. I am adding to it and have 27 more coming in about 2 weeks. The last honeycrisp I planted were totally wiped out by the bucks rubbing their antlers and breaking them off at the ground. Thus I have to build a fence to protect the new trees. I am new to high tensile fencing and had some from one of my golfing buddies who also brought his New Holland tractor w/12" post hole digger.

This made planting the 10' posts a ton easier.

The key to building this type of fence is the heavy re-inforcement of the corner posts.

Reactions: 2 people

Poncho

Mar 5, 2012
Lacrosse WI
Very nice fence, great job nice tractor too like the one I run. Love new holland very nice orchard.

Thanks,

The New Holland ran the 12" post hole auger effortlessly. The only mishap was when the top of the auger gut stuck under a root when buried all the way. I hd to dig down and cut the root.

I have a John Deere 2305 sub compact utility tractor myself. The diesels are pretty easy to like once you get one.

Reactions: 1 person

nmurph

Jan 15, 2012
It would be cheaper to just pay me to come take care of the bucks. I could even bring a saw or two.

Reactions: 2 people

Poncho

Mar 5, 2012
Lacrosse WI
It would be cheaper to just pay me to come take care of the bucks. I could even bring a saw or two.

Well if you can talk my wife into it, you are more than welcome. Prior to corn hitting $7/bushel, she went through a half a ton a month feeding them.

I like the Lund in the background the best!!!:rock:

I am retired and only got it in the water 3 times last year. I am too busy.:pirate: SERIOUSLY!