Quantcast

Building a high tensilve 8 strand fence

Poncho

Reaction score
I have an apple orchard in the back yard that currently has 28 trees. I am adding to it and have 27 more coming in about 2 weeks. The last honeycrisp I planted were totally wiped out by the bucks rubbing their antlers and breaking them off at the ground. Thus I have to build a fence to protect the new trees. I am new to high tensile fencing and had some from one of my golfing buddies who also brought his New Holland tractor w/12" post hole digger.

This made planting the 10' posts a ton easier.

The key to building this type of fence is the heavy re-inforcement of the corner posts.

Poncho

Reaction score
Are these straight enough?

Since we had the post hole digger we pre dug the holes for the trees too.

Poncho

Reaction score
The finished product and the old apple trees that are 21 years old.

My 84 year old father came out to inspect.

Poncho

Reaction score
Very nice fence, great job nice tractor too like the one I run. Love new holland very nice orchard.

Thanks,

The New Holland ran the 12" post hole auger effortlessly. The only mishap was when the top of the auger gut stuck under a root when buried all the way. I hd to dig down and cut the root.

I have a John Deere 2305 sub compact utility tractor myself. The diesels are pretty easy to like once you get one.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Apple orchards are the best. They're all over up in the north country of New York State.

Frikkin' sweet tractor mang. That's a sweet setup for sure!! :yup:

nmurph

Reaction score
It would be cheaper to just pay me to come take care of the bucks. I could even bring a saw or two.

Poncho

Reaction score
It would be cheaper to just pay me to come take care of the bucks. I could even bring a saw or two.

Well if you can talk my wife into it, you are more than welcome. Prior to corn hitting $7/bushel, she went through a half a ton a month feeding them.

I like the Lund in the background the best!!!:rock:

I am retired and only got it in the water 3 times last year. I am too busy.:pirate: SERIOUSLY!

Latest posts