Busy season.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I know you guys have just been waiting for this but things are finally picking up at the shop for spring/summer stuff and I'm not gonna have time to sit on my ass all day and type in forums. So, there will be less and less of me in here during the daytime. Enjoy!!

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I hate commercial mowers. Walkers are annoying to be specific. $1000 tuneup this year. Last year it got a shortblock and a bunch of other stuff. Its got just 1200 hours on it!!!!!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
We're ramping up pretty well right now, 70 open work orders with some orders having multiple pieces of equipment on them. I actually made a deposit at the bank this week :yougo:

Reactions: 2 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Holy crap is it busy. Need people to come pick their ✖✖✖✖ up I have no room for it!!!! Don't be in a huge hurry when you drop it off then take your sweet ass time picking it up!!!!!!

NORMZILLA44

Jan 10, 2012
Hopland Ca. The badlands
Yep Tom I think it is the busy season for all. We will be doing our cutting, and tree work on the ranches soon. And I will be hauling wood home on a regular basis. And mowing, and weedeating around house, and tons of watering. Usually when winter comes halfway or so I can't wait till summer, and 3/4 of the way through summer winter looks good:banana:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I'm up to 82 work orders. Been putting in some long days and still can't keep up. Been meaning to tackle a buddy's 350 and the FIL's 670 for the past two weeks but just haven't had time. Tomorrow morning is going to be one or both of those saws and that's all I'm going to do. It seems like every one thing I fix, two more things come in. Which isn't entirely a bad thing, but damn, if they could just space it out a little bit :yup:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I don't know what I like about the busy season. I'm not sure if I even like being busy. When it's this busy I feel like
I'm goin insane. So maybe I like the insanity, not so much the busy? And all this time I thought it was the other way around.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
As many pieces as I've turned around so they can be picked up or delivered - I now have 105 open work orders. This is out of control. I still see a two week turnaround for 95% of these repairs. Most of them less. Other shops in the area report 3-4 weeks at this point. How the hell many work orders are they lookin at??? And they've got more dedicated techs, not just two guys that do it all!!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
TK glad you are staying busy could be the other way around
Definitely glad it's this way. It was the other way around for 3 months this winter. January February and March were absolutely terrible. Well, the end of March picked up quickly and led into what I have now for a workload, but the work performed at the end of March don't show up til April when people starting paying for their repairs. It was looking pretty gloomy for a while there :yup:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Down to 100 :bananajump:

Doesn't mean 100 left to fix, just 100 that are open. There are quite a few pieces ready to be picked up, just gotta get people off their azz and get in here! :driving:

NORMZILLA44

Jan 10, 2012
Hopland Ca. The badlands
Howdy Tom. I like the busy season too, at least when we are busy our mind doesn't think about polotic's, taxes, women, or B.S LOL! Less down time the better. Don't get me wrong I like time off, but then I am cutting wood, doing tree work, running my dogs for pigs. Love it!:bananarock:

Reactions: 1 person

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I'm burnt out, I don't want to work on, look at, or run a string trimmer,
or chainsaw for the rest of the summer.

I'm going fishing see you all in the fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people