Carb problem ?

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
I’m trying to set a recently rebuilt carb on a mini mac 35 ( yeah , I know ... pos ) . I get the idle ,transition ,and high side set ,and it’s fine . Except that coming back down to idle , it drops off to a low rpm ,or will occasionally stall out .
Is this possibly caused by the metering lever being set wrong ?

Termitebuffet

For Meals
Reaction score
I’m trying to set a recently rebuilt carb on a mini mac 35 ( yeah , I know ... pos ) . I get the idle ,transition ,and high side set ,and it’s fine . Except that coming back down to idle , it drops off to a low rpm ,or will occasionally stall out .
Is this possibly caused by the metering lever being set wrong ?
I'd say you're a tic rich on the L...

Sent from a potato

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
I'd say you're a tic rich on the L...
I thought that , but if I lean it out on the low side needle any more than about 1/8 turn from where I have it idling well , it falls on it’s butt accelerating .

I'd say your problem is working on a Mini-Mac
Well, yeah , there is that ... :facepalm:

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
Well , reset the metering lever ,recleaned the whole carb . Started , ran and transitioned great .
Then , the metal part that engages the starter pawls dropped into the flywheel at about 10k . Grenaded the flywheel ,and exited through the top of the case and shattered the gas cap shooting mix everywhere . I’m now on a mission to make this POS work . Gonna go visit with a neighbor that tried to give me a bunch of mini macs . Should be able to come up with something to get this poltergeist haunted tin **** box of a saw outta my shop ... Hooray Mini Macs !

Majorpayne

Captain Cauliflower ! Scourge of Godless Heathens
Reaction score
Well , reset the metering lever ,recleaned the whole carb . Started , ran and transitioned great .
Then , the metal part that engages the starter pawls dropped into the flywheel at about 10k . Grenaded the flywheel ,and exited through the top of the case and shattered the gas cap shooting mix everywhere . I’m now on a mission to make this POS work . Gonna go visit with a neighbor that tried to give me a bunch of mini macs . Should be able to come up with something to get this poltergeist haunted tin **** box of a saw outta my shop ... Hooray Mini Macs !
That was a message from above to throw it in the dumpster.

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
That was a message from above to throw it in the dumpster.
If anyone else tries to get me to work on one ,I’ll give them the choice of :
1- you can take it away
2- you can throw it away
3- I can crap in it ,then throw it away
But this one ,that I have here , is going to be made to run right . . . Maybe . . .

greendohn

pacing is a way of life
Reaction score
If anyone else tries to get me to work on one ,I’ll give them the choice of :
1- you can take it away
2- you can throw it away
3- I can crap in it ,then throw it away
But this one ,that I have here , is going to be made to run right . . . Maybe . . .

That's the spirit, just like the Manitoba Midget....Never Give Up!

tickbitintn

Reaction score

That sounds like my luck!
Last week I fixed a ms210 and a murray pos mower for a neighbor.... saw him trying to weed eat with a corded pos. I had an old stihl curved shaft out back that was never picked up after repairing a couple years ago. I splashed some mix in it and got it fired up, recoil decided to come apart while wound out.
Recoil will wind up but when pulled the spring slips and unwinds. Also broke a fin off the flywheel. So now I'm out a carb kit, fuel lines, primer bulb, new rope, time and aggravation for a second time on this!! Also still haven't been paid for the saw and mower.

Latest posts