Carver wannabe

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
The flip flops gave the pics a nice "homey" feel. Chalk another one up for the wiggmiester.
Seriously though- good job!

Reactions: 2 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Who's throwing in for the toe reattachment surgery :eek:hsnap:

Nice work, Mr. Bigglesworth!

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Who's throwing in for the toe reattachment surgery :eek:hsnap:

Nice work, Mr. Bigglesworth!
Haha. Yea, I didn't plan on carvin nothin, but I went to make a vid of the 51 I donated to Terry's buddy, and I saw this mushroom hiding in this red oak. Lol

It's really not that that bad, carving that is. I definitely see where the dime and quarter tips would come in handy.

Reactions: 2 people

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
I saw this mushroom hiding in this red oak. Lol

It's really not that that bad, carving that is. I definitely see where the dime and quarter tips would come in handy.
I managed a bit of carving myself this weekend, I carved a poplar tree into planks to build a combination shed/treehouse. Shoulda taken a pic of them, not near as pretty as your 'shroom ! The outer planks are nice with the bark peeled off, but the 2x8's are kinda rough on the cut sides ! The idea is to make something authentic from Mother Nature, with a minimum of lumber. A few planks will be needed but only as required. And maybe a sheet of plywood for the door.

Am I the only one that thinks a 435 clamshell Husky is not quite the right tool for the job ? I did a total of 10 8-foot cuts with it, plus cutting down the tree. It didn't seem to mind, but you could tell it was getting warm. Seemed to idle a bit faster after a 3 minute cut at full throttle up the length of a 9 inch diameter tree......

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012
The best chainsaw carving I ever saw was some large acorns. Made from the Oak tree which we cut down.

Gink

Jan 9, 2012
Helmer, Indiana
I see the back is feeling better or the vicodins are getting better! Looks Good, that is the first thing I ever carved too, out of cherry tree stump.