Catalog proof-reading

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Sooooooo I only get the Husqvarna catalogs. I don't get any of the other brands. Do the other brands have proofreading issues as well? I want to get a job in that department just to keep things straight :eek:

Bob already mentioned that the 560xp is on the cover of the 2013 catalog. Well we know that we don't get that model :meh: My box of catalogs was delivered this morning, so naturally I went through the thing. There aren't really any huge mistakes, but there are a handful of ones that are annoying enough.

So what about the other guys? Same thing? Or are all the catalogs perfect? :sick:

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Granted, the catalog is littered with T540xp pics kinda like last years even though we still don't have em...... They just don't put the pic of the saw in the spec box.... :bananawave:

SawTroll

Jan 10, 2012
Troms, North Norway.
As it looks to me, there has "always" been more mistakes in the US catalogs than in the Norwegian ones, and some of the same is reflected on the web-sites.....:hmm:

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
hold on there. people actually read these things. i just look at the pictures. reading is stupid.:retarded2:

Reactions: 3 people

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
The official answer is that "They took the pics in Sweden". But it's really just another pic out of the "image bank". On the dealer site, go to marketing, then click on "image bank". Every corporate pic is in there, many with regional differences. For instance there is one pic of a guy running a 550 labeled, "US cloths".

Ya never know, the 560 could show up at some point. But beyond guys on these sites having strong feelings one way or another, it would mostly cause confusion in the marketplace.

Reactions: 2 people

w8ye

Feb 21, 2013
The Stihl catalog is full of errors too as it is obvious that the advertising lay out for support images were done by someone you didn't know one saw from the next. For example having a 441 cutting picture opposite the 660 data page etc. In the Stihl catalog, some areas tell you every lady thing like color and shape about the subject but there are no nitty gritty specification details.

Oregon has some of the same problems as if marketing dumped the file links in the printer's lap with a deadline then went away to a show.

Reactions: 3 people

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
That's why Partsmart and Mediacat have errors in them too. Saw companies contract with third parties who have zero knowledge of OPE and send one of their engineers to oversee the development of the IPL system. The engineer misses stuff on the proofread and production line changes aren't updated and pretty soon, superseded part numbers aren't corrected until the parts are ordered and the incorrect part is shipped by the distributor.

w8ye

Feb 21, 2013
This discussion fits in with all the IPL's and WM's for the Husqvarna 372 line whereas the drawings are the same from beginning of the 371 to end of the XT.

About the only additions were the revised starter pawls and the movement of the bar adjuster to the cover. If you are looking for XT carb details forget it.

Reactions: 1 person