Quantcast

Cheap foredom style #30 handpieces

srcarr52

Reaction score
Gents, Just putting a feeler out. I found a supplier of AM handpieces that I can make fit a Foredom key style shaft drives. The chucks are as good of quality as the ones coming from Foredom these days, they are ball bearings inside and will come with a chuck key for each handpiece. I'll also cut grooves in the handpiece body for grip similar to the Foredom.

Who would be interested at $17/piece?

I could probably fit up to 8 of these in a small USPS flat rate box for $5.80.

photo.jpg

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
That looks like the one I have. I was looking into getting the CC slim hand piece.

srcarr52

Reaction score
That looks like the one I have. I was looking into getting the CC slim hand piece.

These are the same style as the #30 handpiece. The CC slim handpiece is a Foredom #28 with the tip grip machined off.

Moody

One step at a time.
Reaction score
I could always use another hand piece. I'd be interested in one if you get any.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Looks like the same hand piece on mine. I got the whole generic set up with foot pedal option years ago. Had to replace the flex shaft so far once. Otherwise well worth the cost savings. Separate replacement pieces can be bought cheap too.

Motor hanging in back ground right side.

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Reaction score
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
I have the CC right angle tool but so far I have been disappointed in the durability of it. I broke a collet and it was like $40 to replace it and the bit will not stay tight in the right angle. The bit will "walk" in and out and is aggravating when I try to use it........I wish I could find a reasonable air powered unit.......

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
I have the CC right angle tool but so far I have been disappointed in the durability of it. I broke a collet and it was like $40 to replace it and the bit will not stay tight in the right angle. The bit will "walk" in and out and is aggravating when I try to use it........I wish I could find a reasonable air powered unit.......

I haven't had any problems with the right angle one. I don't know how much Durand used it before but I've used it on 3 saws so far and haven't had a bit move. The air ones are pretty high also. I looked at them but I don't really want to have to listen to the compressor all the time. I won't be able to hear the radio then.:bored:

Mastermind

unwilling to issue dredge permits
Reaction score

You have the wrong burrs Randy. I had the same problem using burrs I got on ebay.

Shawn, I've had two of those handpieces, they got hot enough to burn my hand after extended use. Have you used them much?

srcarr52

Reaction score
You have the wrong burrs Randy. I had the same problem using burrs I got on ebay.

Shawn, I've had two of those handpieces, they got hot enough to burn my hand after extended use. Have you used them much?

I like to use single fine cut burrs with the right angle. I get them from Victor machine or from them on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007OV6QG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Randy, I've used them a lot, but I fix the heat issue with a little trip on the lathe. They might get warm after running 5 minutes WOT, but even my older foredoms do that.

Mastermind

unwilling to issue dredge permits
Reaction score

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
What do you do to them?

You should post a how to on that......I've thrown two in the trash. :banghead:

You gotta learn to be gentle. You can't just go jamming your tool in every port with reckless abandon. Sometimes you gotta ease into it.

If that doesn't work try spitting on it.

:farkyou:

naked arborist

Reaction score

I have a small 1/8" Blue Point right angle, so they say. It is set at 100 instead of 90. It sucks to get into the upper transfers. Only quam I have with it. Got it from a tool truck.

If the shanks "walk" dress them with Emory paper and that should cure them. Figured that out 30 years ago :)

Last edited:

Latest posts