Check out Members talent

RYNOSAWR

May 11, 2015
My Dad's Supercharged 1990 Dodge Ram 150 with 318

So......

in my former life (pre-Colorado, when I lived in Texazz), I worked at a hot rod shop, and built a ton of weird, fast cars.... Needless to say, I guess I am still a hot rodder at heart and the next thing I will be messing with may be modifying saws..... I don't have the money or room to do cars anymore.

Here is my Dad's knock about 1990 Dodge Ram 150 Longbed with a 318 that we kept the TBI fuel injection on. The truck was given to Dad by a friend from Church by the way....

Here is the mod list:

76,000 miles on the truck

318 Stock shortblock engine with newer Magnum heads, ARP Studs and Cometic gaskets, and a 360 TBI intake manifold modified (welded and re-drilled) to fit the magnum bolt pattern heads

Hedman headers- ceramic coated

Full Mandrel dual 2.5 inch exhaust out to a Walker X-flow muffler and some swirly tip thingies in the ends of the exhaust pipes that exit before the back tire.

Used the larger 360 TBI throttle body and injectors, running a fully adjustable Paxton Rising Rate Regulator and a Custom made acceleration enrichment circuit via a Holley bowl and an accelerator pump nozzle installed inside the TBI (my Dad REALLY wanted to keep the stock fuel injection, so there were a lot of "interesting" fixes that I came up with to make it work)

Running a Ford GT500 (2009) Eaton 122? Supercharger that is mounted off to the side over the driver's side header that blows through the TBI. Currently running a small pulley on the supercharger (2.8?) and a custom made 10 rib crank pulley that fits down inside of the stock V-belt pulley. Had a friendly local water-jet cutting shop that did the CAD drawing and cut the plate mounts to my design out of 1/2 aluminum plate. I think the tensioner is a 10 rib unit out of a Napa parts box for a Navistar Big truck of some kind.... I was raiding the store and looking through boxes.... haha

Runs about 6.5-7psi of boost in summer and 8.5-9 in Texas winters and he has a Wideband o2 gauge that he can keep an eye on when boosting it..... runs about 11.5:1 AFR at WOT.... I told him if he sees it go over 12.5 to LET OUT!!! The stock cast pistons are pretty dang tough obviously...

This truck, when it was stock, was a big TURD.... slowest damn thing that my Dad or I have ever driven.....

Now, with all the work done to it, It will easily coast at 70 and pull a 5,000 lb trailer at part throttle with the supercharger screaming at ya!!!

Funny part is this thing is all dusty and dirty all the time, and I am a clean freak about my hot rods (and other things as well-chainsaws), so it shows how much different my Dad is than me and you can imagine how frustrating it is to me to deal with that aspect..... but I still loved all the time I spent with my Dad in the shop, wrenching and modifying cars..

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

RYNOSAWR

May 11, 2015
A pic of my old race/street car, a 2003 WRX

Approximately 600HP at the wheels
2.5L, 35psi of boost
Motec M48 ECM
Garrett Hybrid GT35/40 turbo, front mounted
Dogbox 5 speed tranny

Bought from a shop that was closing and the car had been vandalized and the roof was caved-in.... car was a turd and needed a ton of work and parts and tuning of the Motec..... but it was a hell of a lot of fun for a little while.

Shown here in street car form...... It was scary on those BFG KDW'S!!!!

Ran on slicks into the mid 10's in the 1/4...... Decided to get married, so I had to sell the car of course.... :sadshake:

I designed these because I kept breaking the stock output shaft gears.... got two free sets for my design... I am not an engineer, but I am not a dummy either.... never broke another set after these and several 5,500 rpm launches

Reactions: 10 people