Christmas!!

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
What should I get wiggz for Christmas? What are you getting/giving for Cristmas? :)

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Hmm.

Get him a ghetto big wheel trike. He's told me on numerous occasions that he's dying to roll to work on one.

What am I getting....?? I have no idea. Don't usually get much, I stray away from the over the top consumerism and hype associated with Christmas. The wife and I don't really get eachother anything. My mother usually gets me t-shirts, boxers, and socks though, lol.....

The wife and I usually get everyone in out families a $50 gift card to somewhere - usually gas cards, Lowes cards, and grocery store cards. It's way easier than actual shopping and just about anyone I know could use a $50 card for gas, or food, or a thingy at Lowes......

Reactions: 4 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Hooking my wife up with a remote car starter so she don't get stuck to her seats in the winter and summer.

Mom gets an iPhone since everyone else has one and she hasn't gotten a new phone since...... 2 color screen nokias with no flip, no keyboard, no nothing was popular lol.

Like dis

Maybe not that old but close to it lol

Reactions: 4 people

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
Hooking my wife up with a remote car starter so she don't get stuck to her seats in the winter and summer.

Mom gets an iPhone since everyone else has one and she hasn't gotten a new phone since...... 2 color screen nokias with no flip, no keyboard, no nothing was popular lol.

Like dis

Maybe not that old but close to it lol

Haha. Jer loved those phones. We had several.

I just told jer I needed a remote starter thingy. My sister has one and I freakin love it!!

Reactions: 2 people

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
We've got remote starters in both our vehicles, I put one in my pickup the first winter we had it, as my Xmas gift. Live in the North, gotta have a remote.

We've decided that we're only getting a coupla things for the kids, 'cause we're so broke we can't afford to pay attention. No family gifts to speak of, or just something small for the thought.

Not going bankrupt will be gift enough for me.

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
Honestly we never buy each other gifts. Maybe something small. But he has gotten better with gifts the last few years. I don't work so I have to use his money to buy his gift. Doesn't make much sense :)

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
I think there's a threshold when you're an adult when you simply don't get material gifts anymore, especially if you have kids. The only things my dad ever really liked to get were the handmade items my brothers and I made for him. I made him a steel rack for all his welding equipment in my first metal shop class and he thought that was the greatest thing ever. I made my mom a series of household items in wood shop. Gift cards seem to work well for family members, and bail money. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
If money was less of an issue, then yeah, I'd appreciate a thoughtful gift from my loved one, even if it came from my paycheck. She knows I like GPS's and chainsaw & cutting stuff, etc. so if I were to get a gift along those lines then I'd be tickled.

We've gotten to the point of already having everything we really need (not that we couldn't use newer stuff), and the kids must come first. If I get a card and a hug, then it's enough for me. WHO it comes from is more important than WHAT it is. I like to spend and get stuff for her, not frivilous junk, but actual useful stuff. If it can't have a meaningful purpose in our household, then I just don't see me getting it, unless it's to spoil her, or the kids. And I don't want to receive things that are essentially useless either, save that 20 bucks and gimme a gas card instead of a mirror ornament or something. A Tim Hortons gift card, a phone card, hell, wiper blades even. I got an air-powered grease gun years ago (mechanic, of course), and I was tickled ! Everyone else was lookin' at me like I had 2 heads .... lol ! But that grease gun got used every day for years, and I appreciated having it, and still do.

I guess maybe guys aren't like women for gifts, girls like to be spoiled, and guys like stuff that makes their lives easier I suppose. I do anyway. It's all about knowing what your significant other wants/needs to make them happy and appreciate you.

Reactions: 1 person