Cmmg ?

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
I figured that out already . I’ve shot something like it without ear protection ( once ) .
” Experience : That thing you get ,right after you need it “ .
@stihl sawing . What sorta hoops do you have to jump through to get a class 3 ffl ?
Fill out the paperwork and pay your money. Class 3 FFL is probably not what you want, though, unless you’re going to be in business. You probably want to set up a trust and pay for your tax stamp.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
@thomas1 , splain trust fund ,tax stamp vs class 3 . Thanks !
FFL=federal firearms license, that’s what your gun shop has. That’s for a company or an individual conducting business, usually.

Class 3 stuff requires a fee be paid, along with your registration paperwork. That’s your tax stamp.

You can’t just go into a store, purchase a class 3 item and walk out with it. You purchase, fill out all the paperwork, submit it and wait for the government to bless it. Which can be months of waiting. Then you can go back and pick up your purchase.

When filling out paperwork you can register the item to yourself/individual or you can have an attorney set up a trust (there’s lots of guys that do it, I’m sure your LGS can recommend someone). Setting up a trust allows you to name other individuals who are allowed access to your purchase and probably has some benefits in the event of your demise. If you do not set up a trust and your daughter takes your silenced pistol to the range, without you, she just committed a federal crime. If she is named in the trust and has the proper paperwork, she’s fine.

Here’s a better explanation...

Dan in WI

Trades chicken for favors
Aug 1, 2013
The Epiphany in the Madness

big t double

Ask me about pocket doors...
Oct 21, 2013
That’s your government, Ted.

This guys family was slaughtered by the government, because he was coerced into shortening the barrel of a firearm, for an undercover agent and missed a court date.

There’s a few documentaries on the incident.
I’ve read a little about ruby ridge but never seen the doc. I’ll check it out, thanks. Another one that really didn’t make waves in the news was Duncan Lemp back in March. Swat raided his house serving a no knock warrant over an anonymous tip that he illegally possessed some firearms...shot and killed him in his bed...allegedly. His parents were told if they tried to assemble to protest they would be arrested for violating the stay at home orders.

Asking who came up with the bullshit laws was more of a rhetorical question. But the stuff about the angle of the forgrip and style of stock making a weapon more deadly, I had no idea. Seems bizarre to me.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
I’ve read a little about ruby ridge but never seen the doc. I’ll check it out, thanks. Another one that really didn’t make waves in the news was Duncan Lemp back in March. Swat raided his house serving a no knock warrant over an anonymous tip that he illegally possessed some firearms...shot and killed him in his bed...allegedly. His parents were told if they tried to assemble to protest they would be arrested for violating the stay at home orders.

Asking who came up with the bullshit laws was more of a rhetorical question. But the stuff about the angle of the forgrip and style of stock making a weapon more deadly, I had no idea. Seems bizarre to me.
I think the one I saw was American Experience from PBS.