Coffee addict.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I've spent many years drinking coffee since I was 16 or so. By the time I was 18 it became a habit from working as a chairlift mechanic at Bristol Mountain ski resort......

I haven't had a cup of coffee in about a year or so, didn't really have much plan or reason to stop drinking it but it just slowly phased out and it seemed easier than I figured it would be to stop for one who has been drinking it for so long.

At our GTGs I always bring my percolator and do coffee over the fire. It was pretty cold out and I felt like having a cup, I mean why not, didn't think I'd want another. Needless to say I ended up having like 5 or 6 cups yesterday.

I go to work today and early on I'm craving coffee like I'm a full blown crack addict. By 9:00am I couldn't take it anymore, I had to leave and get a cup. Then an hour later I had another. Felt like I never stopped drinking it as soon as I woke up this AM. As soon as I started the first cup I felt the relief you get when yer a coffee drinker......

If again someone ever tells me that coffee isn't a drug I'm gonna smack them in the face with a hammer because they're the biggest waterhead who's ever lived. I feel like a former crackhead who 'accidentally' indulged again and can't kick the habit.

Pretty sure I'm a coffee addict......:wakingup: :coffee::drinkingcoffee:

Reactions: 7 people

de_dubya

Oct 28, 2012
Mt Washington, KY
So you suffer from CDD, maybe there is a local CA chapter near you.

Coffee is indeed a drug (actually the caffiene is) and it is so hard to kick. I saw a report (60 minutes maybe) where some doctors give caffiene via IV during surgery recovery to aid the processes, and prevent the trauma of withdraw.

dw

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
If I smoked even one cigarette I would be hooked again. Quitting was just about the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But I hated hated being addicted to something. I still randomly think I need one. Especially after eating a big meal. Jer might have your coffee problem he just doesn't realize it :)

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I didn't start drinking coffee until maybe 3 years ago, but like many things I blame it on women.

The cute professional looking 20 and 30 something ladies congregated at the local cafe/coffee shop for lunch.

So needless to say, when I made this discovery I became a frequent customer.

I don't drink it by the gallon but I have a 24 oz. travel mug and I have one of those a day.

I like a nice medium roast, none of that french roast burnt stuff.

Reactions: 1 person

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
I never looked at it as a addiction. Just binge drinking like anything else. :wakingup::wheee::wakingup:

I usually drink close to 24 cups a day, going by 12 cup pots. No different IMO if one was drinking beer all day IMO or the people drinking pop aka soda all day. Just binge IMO and to think they call them alcoholic. :scrollingtongue:

:bananacheers::pepsi:

Reactions: 3 people

Dh 1984

Banned
Oct 14, 2012
Union county Tn
Ya that describes my relationship with heroin.:wheee:

Your not right LMAO i have been drinking it on and off every since i was 6 years old.Really the only thing that it does to me if i don't get a cup is it makes me Grumpy as heck then no one can stand to be around me.

Metals406

346 and 372 spikes coming soon. PM me for details.
Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
Been drinking coffee since I was knee high to a midget named Marge.

I quit smoking rollies about a month ago (smoked 16 years), and I figured coffee would be hard to drink without it kicking in mah urge to smoke. Luckily, that didn't happen, and I can continue drinking the delicious fresh ground goodness, from the time I wake to the time I go to bed -- like normal.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I'm not addicted to coffee.

I just drink 8 cups (standard 8oz.) per day and get a headache when I don't. Enjoy every last little drop of it too! :tooearly:

My mother is 61, and she's been drinking coffee for well over 40 years. On an extremely rare occasion she'll get busy at work and 'miss' having her cup at work (she usually has one cup at home in the morning) and by 10am she has a splitting headache.

Has a cup and she feels fine within 5 minutes. And some say coffee isn't a drug..... :screwy: :bs: :broccoli:

Metals406

346 and 372 spikes coming soon. PM me for details.
Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
My mother is 61, and she's been drinking coffee for well over 40 years. On an extremely rare occasion she'll get busy at work and 'miss' having her cup at work (she usually has one cup at home in the morning) and by 10am she has a splitting headache.

Has a cup and she feels fine within 5 minutes. And some say coffee isn't a drug..... :screwy: :bs: :broccoli:

I told the judge it wasn't a drug too!!

He said dumping that 8-ball of coke in it 'changed' the coffee somehow. I call bull✖✖✖✖ on that. :bs:

Reactions: 3 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
I drank half coffee half milk when I was about 9 months old. I thought every one drank a pot or two a day.:bananarock:

Reactions: 4 people