Collector Saws

stihl sawing

death venom dispenser
Jan 12, 2012
Arkysaw
Are there any saws that are worth a lot of money? like collectable cars and guns and other things. I have seen some old saws but none really worth much. I picked up an old Mall two man saw for Mr. bow saw one time and shipped it to him and he gave only two hundred for it. this thing was huge and run like a champ. Is there any one saw that's worth a lot of cash and I'm not talkin no PSP stuff. I'm talkin old original equipment.

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
Stihl contra/lightning not sure what the fascination is.
I sold one to a guy in New York about 10 years ago for $1000.
I guess they dont get them back east. I paid $80 at the pawn.
I think I have sold 3 of those whole or/and parts. I guess the hood on those is worth as much as the saw.
I have not come across one for a few years now. There are guys who now advertise for old saws,
So ya just dont see them at yard sales and stuff anymore. I just sold a old mac 99 for $450, expected a poor sale and for around $200 was surprized at the interest,,,

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Yeah, I tried to post a couple last night and no go. wonder what changed on that. used to never have a problem with links.
I was havin trouble too. I removed the www.http/ from the front of the link and then, no problem.
Jonsered P or XA would be nice to have. They ran on Diesel
That saw gets my vote for coolest rare saw.

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Sep 29, 2013
surrey bc can
166 Dolmar is worth some coin
Those two cylinder things, kms4?
really old stihls, like a BL or a BLK
there's a model of homelite with a two speed transmission and a stick shift. Uncle Lee has one I think. I've seen people pay stupid money for those
Snellings personal saws
Anything JJ has killed an elephant with
kms4 is rotary, just a fyi.

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
166 Dolmar is worth some coin
Those two cylinder things, kms4?
really old stihls, like a BL or a BLK
Anything JJ has killed an elephant with
Yeah. What are those 2cyl things they go nuts over? Not the echos
There was a 2 solo twin 611?? Mark Heiman had one at the GTG.
We dont see old Dolmars here or solos.
I have run the rotary saw and the twin echo and a few others that show up at the GTG.
Still dealer in Kamloops had a BLK nib, he just sold out, not sure where his chit went.
Sombody did a B&E on his store and took a lot of his shelf queens, I there there was a new 056 and 041 G there and bunch of others.