Couple o finds

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Haven't pulled the trigger yet on them but have inquired on them.

First is a 266SE for $80, supposedly only thing wrong is the kill switch don't work. She's ugly but they mostly all are of that vintage with discolored plastics.

Secondly is a set of 4 pieces. A Stihl 041, jonsered 52 (maybe a 525?), craftsman/poulan cheapy, and a echo blower for $100.

Don't really want to spend the money but figured I could flip the Stihl, echo, and craftsman to make up for the Husqvarna and jonsered.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Hmmmm I have a ms261 piece o chit laying around that I could hock parts off for some cash.... But being the whore I am I think I'd still rather keep it and fix it! That could bring some loot in running order though...

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Well I'll be damned, great minds think alike.

Perhaps selling that high compression sweet running tank of a PM610 would be a decent idea as well?
Oh man that's awesome! We should sell the closed port 55 blowing 170ish psi too. Then we'll be rich!! We could have hundred of dollars!! Like even 3 hundreds!!

Reactions: 1 person

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Haven't pulled the trigger yet on them but have inquired on them.

First is a 266SE for $80, supposedly only thing wrong is the kill switch don't work. She's ugly but they mostly all are of that vintage with discolored plastics.

Secondly is a set of 4 pieces. A Stihl 041, jonsered 52 (maybe a 525?), craftsman/poulan cheapy, and a echo blower for $100.

Don't really want to spend the money but figured I could flip the Stihl, echo, and craftsman to make up for the Husqvarna and jonsered.
Most times I pass on buying used saws these days. After working on so many, you tend to wait for the free ones :) If its business you need to drum up though, bid what you can see in immediate parts. Any more than that and you are risking profit....lets face it that is what counts in the end. Most of those saws will be a tough sell.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Dude....you responded like five times to yourself since I started typing.....they obviously don't evaluate the help here :retarded:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Dude....you responded like five times to yourself since I started typing.....they obviously don't evaluate the help here :retarded:
And I'm typing on muh phone too!

Ya I wanna keep the husky and jred. I figger if I get $20 for the craftsman, $50 for the Stihl, and $50 for the echo then I'd be alright. Not for da biz but for myself. I make pretty safe choices in the shop but typically some stupid ones on my own. I may even sell the jonsered for whatever if I don't like it.

I know the 266 ain't a record setter but I do like the chassis and wouldn't mind owning some of the 2 series saws. If I ended up with a couple of decent saws for a hundred bucks it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't think I'd lose money in any of them as long as compression is decent. Parts are cheap enough to be had in that case and my time is my time, I don't count that when working for personal stuff.

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
And I'm typing on muh phone too!

Ya I wanna keep the husky and jred. I figger if I get $20 for the craftsman, $50 for the Stihl, and $50 for the echo then I'd be alright. Not for da biz but for myself. I make pretty safe choices in the shop but typically some stupid ones on my own. I may even sell the jonsered for whatever if I don't like it.

I know the 266 ain't a record setter but I do like the chassis and wouldn't mind owning some of the 2 series saws. If I ended up with a couple of decent saws for a hundred bucks it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't think I'd lose money in any of them as long as compression is decent. Parts are cheap enough to be had in that case and my time is my time, I don't count that when working for personal stuff.
That 266 could be a thin ring saw. U better buy it.....

Nardoo

Jul 23, 2012
I have a couple of 266's and they rock. One is an early thin ring, low hour saw that is pulling 190lbs of compression stock (pictured with an old 288). I run it with a 16" bar in really hard box and red gum and it is much faster than my 365's. The other one (no pick) I bought from a guy because it was too hard for him to start. It has the thick ring piston and the compression is too much for my old guage but it is way up there. The Husky engineers new what they were doing with these old girls.
I'd hang on to the 266.

Al.

Reactions: 3 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Looks like I'm headed up to get the 266 tomorrow afternoon!

I passed on the others. They are all non runners and I'm not ambitious enough to get them going. The 041 would be neat but it's not my cup o tea.

I'll give ya the rundown when I get some pics taken and the saw torn apart. :D

Reactions: 1 person

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Looks like I'm headed up to get the 266 tomorrow afternoon!

I passed on the others. They are all non runners and I'm not ambitious enough to get them going. The 041 would be neat but it's not my cup o tea.

I'll give ya the rundown when I get some pics taken and the saw torn apart. :D
I gotz muh fingers crossed fur ya....

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Picked it up :D

She's dirty. Nasty. Wears a jonny chainbrake. Forester bar. Recoil sticks, almost every time.

But she THUMPS over with the sweet sound of compression and throttle was snappy when I took it down off high idle. Killed it and threw it in the truck, tossed em the money and away I went.

Further details when I get a chance to really look it over. Gonna be a nice sleeper lol looks like hell but she gonna run good!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com

1986 model. I think the saw has had a new ring installed, not recently but it doesn't look like it's in the same condition as the piston. I'll probably find another piston to pop in there eventually. I have yet to take the cylinder off to see what it really looks like on the inside, hoping some tidying up and a fresh scuff will be decent enough. It fired second pull after pulling it out of the truck this afternoon and had great response. Didn't do a comp test, wanted to wait for it to cool off first for that. She'll be a fun project. And it don't look like no thin ring to me.

Nardoo

Jul 23, 2012
That old girl will clean up nicely but if it were mine I would not run it with that piston. Throw a Meteor in it, clean up the aluminiun transfer in the bore and you will have a great runner.

Al.