Cure for 562XP hot start issues

Poncho

Mar 5, 2012
Lacrosse WI
Hi guys,

Now bear with me for I am no mechanic but do have an incredible grasp of the obvious.:bananawave:
I will try and explain how he send the saws out of the shop. He said he has talked to Husqvaran about this, but believes it is an EPA thing, and they didn't want to hear about it.

My dealer who is great and an excellent saw tech does the following to the new auto tunes prior to them leaving the shop. He contends that the hot start issues are from the vent line from the fuel tank that goes into the carb. This can allow raw gas into the carb causing flooding. He disconnects the line from the carb and caps the nipple. Then on the hose from the tank installs a one way check valve I believe was off Echo equipment so gas cannot leak but the tank can breathe.

Obligatory pics.

Reactions: 4 people

TLandrum

Jan 11, 2012
east tn
evry 562xp that i have ported seems to no longer have a hot start issue when they get there saw back. i havent touched the vent either.

Reactions: 1 person

Poncho

Mar 5, 2012
Lacrosse WI
Cool fix if it's been working. :yup:

Has he seen any of them come back in with the hot start problem after he does his fixie to the vent line....??
He said one of the first saws he sold, (unmodified) did. After he has been sending them out like this, he hasn't had a single issue.

Unfortunatley, my 550XPG won't be in till the end of March. ;<{

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
I see how it is. I finally get a 562 and now you guys tell me they're junk. Thanks a lot, jerks. :ranting:

Reactions: 4 people

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
I'll take that POS off yer hands and send this brand spankin 545 with flux capacitor upgrade kit....:eek2:
That thing just looks ghey...

Actually, I have an extra 562XPW now. It was a tree service company saw and is in great shape. I'll be putting it up for trade...

Metals406

346 and 372 spikes coming soon. PM me for details.
Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
That thing just looks ghey...

Actually, I have an extra 562XPW now. It was a tree service company saw and is in great shape. I'll be putting it up for trade...
Sooooo, about the 562xpw? 300 bones and a back rub? :happybounce:

Metals406

346 and 372 spikes coming soon. PM me for details.
Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
JJ just told me he wants a giant Blue Fin Tuna in trade for this saw. . . Them things are hard to catch.

I mean, have you seen Wicked Tuna? :fishin: