Easy pic posting walk through

Steve NW WI

Converted to the Dark Side
Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
I kinda stumbled on a pretty easy way to post up pics on here last night, figured I'd share it with you all. You don't even need to resize the pics first (although it helps, if you don't, the full size file will upload and then get resized - if you're on a low speed connection, resizing first is definitely recommended).

First, start your post like normal. When you get to the part where you want to add a picture, click on the insert image button:

Untitled.jpg

Leave the little tab on "From Computer", and click "Select Files"

Untitled2.jpg
Find the picture you want to upload on your computer, highlight it, then click "Open":

Untitled3.jpg

Once you've selected your file, you should get this box. Just click "Upload File(s)":

Untitled4.jpg

Now double click on the thumbnail image in your post (do this before you click post, while you're still composing the post).

Untitled5.jpg

Almost done - be back for the final step in another post.

Reactions: 3 people

Steve NW WI

Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
You'll get a popup that lets you pick the size you want the picture displayed in. Click the size you want it to be, large works pretty good, then click "OK". The big picture will now be in your post!

Untitled6.jpg

If you're loading multiple pictures, you'll need to move the tab back to "From Computer" in the second step each time. Also, if you have multiples with text between them, it's easier to write up the whole post and get all the pictures inserted, and do the last two steps to make them bigger after everything else is done.

There might be a way to upload multiple files at once, but I haven't tried it yet. Be back later if it works.

Edit: forgot to change the size on this last pic, and can't find a way to edit it easily. Gotta do it before posting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

Steve NW WI

Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
You're double clicking on the pic while still in the "Compose" right?

Could be just site running slow, seen some of that, or maybe a popup blocker on your comp doing its thing.

At work now and getting up early for a charity cut tomorrow, so it might be a bit beforeI can be much help.

Steve NW WI

Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
Thanks, brotha Chukka!

Want to add a bunch of pics at once? When you get to the select pictures screen, just load up multiple pictures by highlighting all the pics you want to add at once. Looks like probably a 5 pic per post limit. I had a bit of trouble getting them all to load for this post, so it might have a few bugs to work out, try it if you'd like. It's gonna be a bit harder to put

102_3746 (Medium).jpg

102_3748 (Medium).JPG

102_3749 (Medium).JPG

102_3751 (Medium).jpg

It might be even easier yet, gotta play a little. Stay tuned!

Attachments

Reactions: 2 people

Steve NW WI

Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
Damn, I thought straight drag and drop would work, and it looked like it was gonna, but when I hit post reply, I got a "too many characters" error.

Oh, well.

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Sep 29, 2013
surrey bc can
start new thread

don't see that anywhere, new here... not the sharpest knife in the drawer on computer stuff. wasn't able to reply w/o "errors" til today... tia.

Steve NW WI

Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
Haven't had a lot of luck uploading multiple pics at once, for now till someone figures it out, it's probably best to upload em one at a time.

don't see that anywhere, new here... not the sharpest knife in the drawer on computer stuff. wasn't able to reply w/o "errors" til today... tia.
Top of the page in each of the forums, same spot as the reply button is:

Untitled.jpg

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Staff member
May 7, 2013
when i click the pic icon ,then upload from my pc ,after it uploads there is a little pic in my preview ,i rh click the pic then copy pic url ,then click the pic icon again then paste in the address bar it gives ,and uncheck the little box below it then big pic shows

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DefinitiveDave Easy saw for young gearhead to work on? Chainsawz 11
trx250r180 Post the last pic you took with your phone The Razorback Lounge 10193
cat-face timber Old School Arizona Logging Pic Thread Hawgz Back 40 18
Art Vandelay Back in the saddle again! (pic heavy) Firearmz, Hunting, Camping, Fishing, Countryside, 16
N Loading a jpg pic from your computer to avatar The Razorback Lounge 4
cjcocn The REAL cjcocn pic thread The Razorback Lounge 222
DefinitiveDave whats this saw worth...pic Chainsawz 15
C SAW 017 pic help please?? Chainsawz 5
stihl sawing Avatar pic and sig pic The Razorback Lounge 97
H 2 H Found this pic of my Dad today Hawgz Back 40 7
Eccentric Should Jacob J. Change his avatar pic to Beaker? The Razorback Lounge 24
Joe Kidd Can't post a new avatar pic? Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 4
H 2 H Pic from my back deck Firearmz, Hunting, Camping, Fishing, Countryside, 10
Denis Gionet Spark Plug / Cylinder Pic Thread Chainsawz 5
WoodChuck'r Avatar and profile pic size Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 1
Hank Chinaski From fireplace to woodstove (pic heavy) Hawgz Back 40 20
cat-face timber Windows Phone and posting here GeekHawgz! 2
R Need help with posting new thread Chainsawz 8
H 2 H Picture posting Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 32
rocketnorton logged out when posting replys Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 2
0 Posting pictures Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 14