ELKINS

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
Jerry with back to video setting another world record ( 3 this year I know of) :rock:.

Beat his own old record of 3.60 to a 3.53 now in 10x10 yellow poplar cold start. Paul Cogar ran a nice 3.88 himself with another Helsel built saw.

[video=youtube;DxRN8FXO164]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRN8FXO164&feature=share&list=UUAsHmimx9EddfuieCvjGCiA[/video]

Reactions: 1 person

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
Jerry with back to video setting another world record ( 3 this year I know of) :rock:.

Beat his own old record of 3.60 to a 3.53 now in 10x10 yellow poplar cold start. Paul Cogar ran a nice 3.88 himself with another Helsel built saw.

[video=youtube;DxRN8FXO164]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRN8FXO164&feature=share&list=UUAsHmimx9EddfuieCvjGCiA[/video]
That just looks like alot of fun...
Problem is, ya spend all that time and $ getting ready for a race, and it's over in 10 seconds... :tumbleweed:
How many times do you get to run per event?? On average??

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
Depends on race. Some just Hotsaw, some HS 5ci, some HS 5ci 3ci. The ones I liked had 3ci 4ci 5ci 6ci muffler 140, HS, then there was 3ci 4ci 5ci 6ci HS and another HS muffler 140, 5ci piped 5ci SA, 3ci. Most of these were OH, KY, TN, AL shows.

Reactions: 2 people

R.HELSEL

May 6, 2012
Really???
You mean you wouldn't like to race more???
yes!!! That would be great. But not to many races around here 5-6 a year. But on the east coast the probably have 25 races a year. It kind of gets in your blood. Kind of like the gtg races that alot of guys do with there woodsport saws.

Reactions: 4 people
You'd have to experiance it to understand it.Some like the Ohio championship or the international is a one shot deal ,no classes but one .Others like the maple syrup festival in Chardon there are several classes to run in .It's fast paced and much faster than 10 seconds .The large displacement hot saw it's usually under 4 seconds.

Keep in mind this type competition is not for everyone .There's a lot of money and time invested here .

Reactions: 3 people

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
yes!!! That would be great. But not to many races around here 5-6 a year. But on the east coast the probably have 25 races a year. It kind of gets in your blood. Kind of like the gtg races that alot of guys do with there woodsport saws.
I think it would be cool to have a head to head brackets like setup... You'd sure kill alot of wood doing it but it would be an all day saw racin' extravaganza.... If there were 20 guys in the class, the winner may get in as many as 5 or 6 runs to win out!!!
The bottom guy may go 2 and out...
But man....
A whole day of racing!!!

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
You'd have to experiance it to understand it.Some like the Ohio championship or the international is a one shot deal ,no classes but one .Others like the maple syrup festival in Chardon there are several classes to run in .It's fast paced and much faster than 10 seconds .The large displacement hot saw it's usually under 4 seconds.

Keep in mind this type competition is not for everyone .There's a lot of money and time invested here .
It could be worse...
We could be pullin tractors!!!!!!
You've probably been exposed to a little of that eh??
Deep wallets....

R.HELSEL

May 6, 2012
I think it would be cool to have a head to head brackets like setup... You'd sure kill alot of wood doing it but it would be an all day saw racin' extravaganza.... If there were 20 guys in the class, the winner may get in as many as 5 or 6 runs to win out!!!
The bottom guy may go 2 and out...
But man....
A whole day of racing!!!
Most of the competitors enter 2-3 saw classes. Then you have 2 or 3 chops the Bowsaw the 2 man crosscut, the axe throw, the Jack & Jill crosscut, the stock saw, That takes up most of the day.
One of the shows out east Just had over 120 competitors.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
Most of the competitors enter 2-3 saw classes. Then you have 2 or 3 chops the Bowsaw the 2 man crosscut, the axe throw, the Jack & Jill crosscut, the stock saw, That takes up most of the day.
One of the shows out east Just had over 120 competitors.
Well that augh to keep a guy pretty busy for a while...
I gotta get to one of those...

It could be worse...
We could be pullin tractors!!!!!!
You've probably been exposed to a little of that eh??
Deep wallets....
Well yeah somewhat but it was antigue type stuff not those 15,000 HP monsters they run at the nationals in Bowlingreen Ohio.

It doesn't made much difference what it is .Stockers running the quarter mile .Sprint cars ,beater stock cars there's many levels of competition which of course the higher up you go the deeper your pockets need to be .

I've done all that stuff at different times in my life and while it was all enjoyable I never became obsessed with any of it as some have .Again different strokes for different folks .

Depends on how you look at things I guess .A 600 HP Mustang might be a hoot to boogie around town and smoke the tires off of on occasion .Pizz poor thing to drive to work with a foot of snow on the ground .Same with a hotty ,4 second wonder but not the best choice to cut firewood with .

R.HELSEL

May 6, 2012
Well yeah somewhat but it was antigue type stuff not those 15,000 HP monsters they run at the nationals in Bowlingreen Ohio.

It doesn't made much difference what it is .Stockers running the quarter mile .Sprint cars ,beater stock cars there's many levels of competition which of course the higher up you go the deeper your pockets need to be .

I've done all that stuff at different times in my life and while it was all enjoyable I never became obsessed with any of it as some have .Again different strokes for different folks .

Depends on how you look at things I guess .A 600 HP Mustang might be a hoot to boogie around town and smoke the tires off of on occasion .Pizz poor thing to drive to work with a foot of snow on the ground .Same with a hotty ,4 second wonder but not the best choice to cut firewood with .
That's where the firewood processor comes in handy.

TLandrum

Jan 11, 2012
east tn
seems as if gas gtg type saws are getting very popular with this crowd. stay tuned for a racing type gtg in mid to late feb at my shop.

Reactions: 3 people