email notifications

TLandrum

Jan 11, 2012
east tn
i get an email every time someone replies to a thread that i replied to and i dont have my settings set for any notifications except for personal messages. whats up with that?

Edit:

If you are experiencing this problem try these steps in the quote window below.

Go to your subscriptions, check them all, set to do not subscribe, save, log off, log back on, go to subscriptions, check all, set to Control Panel Only (or whatever you want) and everything should work fine.

Edited by WoodChuck'r on 1/25/12 @ 9:20am

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Terry go to Settings > General Settings > Scroll down to Message and Notification - you'll see a drop down menu for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" - set it to the setting of your liking and click Save Changes at the bottom of the page. :thumbsup:

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Ive got mine set on ''through control panel only'' and still getting emails for every new reply. Am I doing something else wrong?

Id like to subscribe to every thread I post in, but Im not much on the emails for every new post.:)

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
I've received messages from others telling me that they have "Do Not Subscribe" selected and they're still receiving email notifications....

Is this happening with everyone....??

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Jan 13, 2012
Upstate NY
I was till I changed the email setting for notices, still getting them for the topics I posted in before changing the email notification. You have to unsubscribe to the ones you keep getting emails for and then re-subscribe, should be set then :banana:

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
I was till I changed the email setting for notices, still getting them for the topics I posted in before changing the email notification. You have to unsubscribe to the ones you keep getting emails for and then re-subscribe, should be set then :banana:

Hmm interesting. Some notification settings were changed before the theme was installed. That may have something to do with it. Maybe after the changes were made the members setting were affected a little and doing what you just said may be the fix.

Hank can you try this out and lemme know what happens....??

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Jan 13, 2012
Upstate NY
Hmm interesting. Some notification settings were changed before the theme was installed. That may have something to do with it. Maybe after the changes were made the members setting were affected a little and doing what you just said may be the fix.

Hank can you try this out and lemme know what happens....??

Hank's a touch on the slow side, you may have to hold his hand on this one :D

Hank Chinaski

Jan 12, 2012
AR-can-Saw
think the skin changed it or something that was tinkered with about the same time.

I've gone in and reset all mine to Through Control Panel Only, and it seems to have worked.

Sorry for the delays, I noticed Blazin was typing and I fell asleep.

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Thanks! I guess mine was the same way! I got emails for every post in a few subscribed threads, and in other subscribed threads I didn't get anything.
:)