Engine oil filters

stihl sawing

aquirrel aficionado
Jan 12, 2012
Arkysaw
Wix seems to be a good filter. I've used them before. think the last I bought was napa gold for the ferd, the diesels only get Fleetguard. I have never seen those other two you mentioned.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
I stock Baldwin for most of my domestic commercial applications ,,,Wix,Beck, OE Toyo ,,for the imports . I believe most filters will meet the task as long as you don't extend the recommended svc interval . Back in the 80's I was told by a Toyo svc manager that they could deny any engine failure warrantee if the vehicle came in with a Group7 brand filter ,,been OE Toyo for my Toyo's ever since :clap:

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
I've always done the 1st oil change ona new vehicle @ half the recommended mileage with the mindset that there is more debris during break in ,,and oil n filters are inexpensive protection

I have also but the dealer told me "I was just wasting money". His reasoning is the new engines are machined so accurately the "break in period" is almost non-existent anymore. I'm just going off what I was told.

DSS

Prince of Tater Island
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
I stock Baldwin for most of my domestic commercial applications ,,,Wix,Beck, OE Toyo ,,for the imports . I believe most filters will meet the task as long as you don't extend the recommended svc interval . Back in the 80's I was told by a Toyo svc manager that they could deny any engine failure warrantee if the vehicle came in with a Group7 brand filter ,,been OE Toyo for my Toyo's ever since :clap:
I had so much trouble with Baldwin fuel filters I changed the whole shop back to Wix. When Carquest changed hands they went from Wix to Baldwin and it's not working out for them at all