Quantcast

Finally a test log holder

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Finally got around to makin me a log holder for test cuts and general time passing due to excessive boredom. Gotta do something to take the edge of living in this intense suburban logging territory :lol:

Now I just gotta keep a supply of 4-6' logs around :thumbsup:

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
nice horse tk , suggestion :dont cut towards your shop ,it wont take long for little oil stains to show up on your siding [from off the tip of your bar and oil residue from the chips ]jk

mweba

Reaction score
Looks good. Been slow here this winter as well. No snow, no work:angry:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
nice horse tk , suggestion :dont cut towards your shop ,it wont take long for little oil stains to show up on your siding [from off the tip of your bar and oil residue from the chips ]jk

That's a good idea. I'll probably turn it sideways. Don't want to get on the other side of it, would put it too far out behind the building for my taste. We should have painted that siding over a year ago.... :lol:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Looks good. Been slow here this winter as well. No snow, no work:angry:

It's a hard day when you realize two years in a row you could have sold twice as many snowblowers if you moved 500+ miles SOUTH!!!!

mweba

Reaction score
It's a hard day when you realize two years in a row you could have sold twice as many snowblowers if you moved 500+ miles SOUTH!!!!

No chit. Next thing ya know, those yahoos from tn will be wintering with us:banghead:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
No chit. Next thing ya know, those yahoos from tn will be wintering with us:banghead:

Oh noze, thoze crazies from TN/KY!! Anythingz but themz!!! :evilgrin: I hear they're all related down there..... :screwy:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Wish I'd made a heavier one. This puppy moves all over unless you drag the spikes down the log...

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
It's amazing what you can change with just a little more knowledge about what you're doing. Now I gots to be findin me sum moar wooooood :D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Anybody got some pics of their log holders? Any ideas for weight addition? I know I made mine out of cheap 2x4's but I'd like some added weight for stability. I've got a few brake rotors from the pickup that are kinda hefty.... Or maybe something else is easier?

man of stihl

Reaction score
You could build a frame around the bottom of the legs and then throw sand bags over the frame, or something like that. I made a metal stand. I'll get pics some time.

man of stihl

Reaction score
You can kinda see it here. [video=youtube_share;sWNzDP0bfLk]http://youtu.be/sWNzDP0bfLk[/video]

man of stihl

Reaction score
Thats a good pic Cale. You can throw sandbags all around the base.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
looks like its staked to the ground in the corners ,doubt that it needs more anchoring with that wide base and stakes,jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts