Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Firewood thread

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Depends on how many pieces you need cut. Chain is too dull after each piece, saw is no longer full of fuel, etc. need a fresh new saw for each piece for those reasons alone.

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
2-100 depending on how much you need to cut. :happywink:

stihl sawing

death venom dispenser
Reaction score
Well I was gonna be a smart ass and say one and several chains, but I have more than one.:confused:

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
Depends on how many pieces you need cut. Chain is too dull after each piece, saw is no longer full of fuel, etc. need a fresh new saw for each piece for those reasons alone.
Not quite sure about the one piece and the blade is dull thing . For instance, if you are cutting 12 inch logs , you could in theory get 4 cuts before needing a sharp blade thing . Basically use a 24 " blade on a 24 " blade holder . As you are only cutting with half of it , you get 2 cuts ! Then you can use the top part of the blade for 2 more . Make sure to use safety blades as this can be highly tech ical ,and dangerous ! The end .

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
That went way over my head. But I think what you're saying is we should all buy at minimum 36" bars for cutting firewood all the while making sure the wood is as small of a diameter as possible? Am I right?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
And to add to that, we should all be cutting on the southeast sections of our property. Any other spot is just a waste of time.

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
That went way over my head. But I think what you're saying is we should all buy at minimum 36" bars for cutting firewood all the while making sure the wood is as small of a diameter as possible? Am I right?
Zakly correct ! I think i also read that you can have your blades ported and cut 40% more wood .

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Reaction score
Came home last night and found this left by the free wood fairy. Beech, hard maple, and yellow birch :banana:

Attachments

• 0813131811a.jpg
    0813131811a.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 49

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Reaction score
You fellers sure do get some strange wood. ya'll ain't got no oaks?

Yeah there's oak here, I got some monsters to take down on an old barb wire fence line...I'm fearing for my chain :meh:

That Beech is just about the same as oak for BTU's.