Quantcast

Firewood!!!

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
Hitting the fencerows hard this year!!! What's your latest sawdust makin' projects? Pics a must!!!

deere56.jpg

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score

They're a mess...

Think I got the pic thing figured out...
Sort of...

Attachments

• fence row.jpg
    fence row.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 85

procarbine2k1

Reaction score
I got a strooooong headstart on next year. I will try and get some pics up on this new site here soon.

MacLaren

Reaction score
When we sell our house in Asheville, and move back home I plan on burinin a lot of firewood. Gonna have an outdoor wood furnace. Wood is no problem at all where we are orginally from. The county we live in has the highest county seat east of the Mississippi. (Newland, Avery County NC) in other words it's really in the boondocks. Gonna plan on backin that up with a heat pump. Theres no real need for AC up there, but once you lived with it ( I was mid to late 30's when I first got air conditioning) ya dont wanna live without it. So Ill have AC as well. Oh well, thats my firewood plan. I guess I like that locust about the best.

Spike60

Reaction score
I'm always grabbing a load when I can. I'm way beyond needing anymore at the moment, but I love to be in the woods doing this. Plus, there's always a new saw or project that needs to get some time on it.

Got this load with the 555 a short while back. Love that White Oak!

Last edited:

NORMZILLA44

Reaction score
Great thread! I seem to always be cutting, and hauling some kind of firewood. Black walnut is great stuff, Burning a lot of madrone, and Eacalyptus lately Love it!

Attachments

• 101_0466.jpg
    101_0466.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0954.jpg
    100_0954.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0637.jpg
    100_0637.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0656.jpg
    100_0656.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 12

the westspartan

Reaction score
Good look'n stuff there gents. It always breaks my heart to cut that good stuff into firewood. My wife gets annoyed with me when I start milling up what she thought was going to be cut into rounds! I like to burn the tops and mill the trunks, especially that oak, walnut and hedge/osage. There is a big sugar maple next to the house that she thinks is going to be firewood. LOL...some of it will be firewood!

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
That black walnut is nice to split by hand.

With the amount of time I have to split, it all gets done with my trusty second hand
MTD 22 ton log splitter.

I cut and split all the wood for my place and my grand parents 30 face cord
between the two of us. And working 6 days a week leaves little time for using a maul.

Spike60

Reaction score
With the amount of time I have to split, it all gets done with my trusty second hand
MTD 22 ton log splitter.

I cut and split all the wood for my place and my grand parents 30 face cord
between the two of us. And working 6 days a week leaves little time for using a maul.

I've been doing some maul splitting lately. Mostly for the excersize. But I'm only doing it for a half hour to 45 minutes in the morning.

But when I want to get some work done, I fire up my slpitter, which as you know is the same as yours. Also obtained second hand.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
My splitters name is Aaron who is occasionally power assisted by another splitter named caleb lol

Latest posts