Firewood!!!

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
Hitting the fencerows hard this year!!! What's your latest sawdust makin' projects? Pics a must!!!

deere56.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012

They're a mess...

Think I got the pic thing figured out...
Sort of...

Attachments

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
When we sell our house in Asheville, and move back home I plan on burinin a lot of firewood. Gonna have an outdoor wood furnace. Wood is no problem at all where we are orginally from. The county we live in has the highest county seat east of the Mississippi. (Newland, Avery County NC) in other words it's really in the boondocks. Gonna plan on backin that up with a heat pump. Theres no real need for AC up there, but once you lived with it ( I was mid to late 30's when I first got air conditioning) ya dont wanna live without it. So Ill have AC as well. Oh well, thats my firewood plan. I guess I like that locust about the best.

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
I'm always grabbing a load when I can. I'm way beyond needing anymore at the moment, but I love to be in the woods doing this. Plus, there's always a new saw or project that needs to get some time on it.

Got this load with the 555 a short while back. Love that White Oak!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

the westspartan

Jan 12, 2012
Good look'n stuff there gents. It always breaks my heart to cut that good stuff into firewood. My wife gets annoyed with me when I start milling up what she thought was going to be cut into rounds! I like to burn the tops and mill the trunks, especially that oak, walnut and hedge/osage. There is a big sugar maple next to the house that she thinks is going to be firewood. LOL...some of it will be firewood!

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
That black walnut is nice to split by hand.
With the amount of time I have to split, it all gets done with my trusty second hand
MTD 22 ton log splitter.

I cut and split all the wood for my place and my grand parents 30 face cord
between the two of us. And working 6 days a week leaves little time for using a maul.

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
With the amount of time I have to split, it all gets done with my trusty second hand
MTD 22 ton log splitter.

I cut and split all the wood for my place and my grand parents 30 face cord
between the two of us. And working 6 days a week leaves little time for using a maul.
I've been doing some maul splitting lately. Mostly for the excersize. But I'm only doing it for a half hour to 45 minutes in the morning.

But when I want to get some work done, I fire up my slpitter, which as you know is the same as yours. Also obtained second hand.