Fiskars

MechanicMatt

Jan 27, 2013
Hey My nephew (16) got me a new Fiskars to say thanks for towing home his first car for him. My question is, this one has a all black handle??? My old one has orange near the end of the handle, he did buy it a Sears. Is it a Sears thing or just a newer version? Is it a cheaper version made just for sears??? I dunno?

Hey this kid sure surprised me, must have been thankful for the tow job. 2001 Malibu that needs brake lines. I was at the GTG yesterday when he texted me that he rode his bike to my house and left me a present on my porch to say thanks for all I do for him. I was shocked to see a new tool, now I just need his young muscle to come and swing it and process up some more wood. I kinda wish his older brother was a bit more like him.

Reactions: 3 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Right off the bat you shoulda said "Sweet d00d I'll run mine and you get to run the new one you just got me! Glad you're wanting to split all muh wood." then slap him on the back and walk away.

Reactions: 1 person

stihl023/5

BoobsRus
Jul 31, 2013
Cool my nephew just borrows my trailers and forgets to bring them back, just like my brother.

Ironworker

Aug 8, 2013
That's funny cause just this morning I saw a pic of a fiskars and the first thing I noticed was that it was black.

gunn

May 16, 2013
Plover, Wi
The gerber ones are all black. Could it be one of those?

Fiskars is updating the look, new versions are mostly black with small orange accents. The grip is also textured differently. Otherwise they are the same as before. Also note, that they used to make an old super splitter, pre x27 that had a black handle, non orange painted, old head style with some orange graphics near the head. Those are pretty old.

old skewl (click image to see larger)

3100vzmkahl_ss400_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

SawTroll

Jan 10, 2012
Troms, North Norway.
Fiskars is updating the look, new versions are mostly black with small orange accents. The grip is also textured differently. Otherwise they are the same as before. Also note, that they used to make an old super splitter, pre x27 that had a black handle, non orange painted, old head style with some orange graphics near the head. Those are pretty old.

old skewl (click image to see larger)

View attachment 1407
That one looks quite similar to my ondest ones (late 1990s) - but still not the same. I like it! :thumbsup:

The small pic at the bottom show an old one, btw!

roberte

Latte Lover
Sep 30, 2013
I heard about these and 1 was left on my landing to try. After a 3 week trial, ehhh, :meh:

Its supposed to be a new model but other than the color I'm not seeing much of a difference. between that (A36) and the other (X27) On Amazon, I read that it was supposed to be a heavier splitting axe but to me they look the same dimension wise.

Since they have a lifetime warranty, I wonder if I break my X27 if they'd send a A36. Other than the slip coating being gone off the head and quite a few skuffs on the end of the handle by the head, it seems to be holding up. I like it because of it's light weight so I can whack the snot out of the toughest round. (n if that doesn't work I'll noodle the round) Honeslty I have my doubts I could do much with an 8 or more pound splitting maul or axe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dboyd351 Fiskars Iso core 8 lb splitting maul Hawgz Back 40 12
P A Fiskars for the Traditionalist . . . The Razorback Lounge 8
trx250r180 The Fiskars X-27 Hawgz Back 40 94