Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Flippy caps. ON A HUSKY

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Yes it's true. But they are a better version IMO. Still don't care about em though.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
We showed pics of the husky flippy caps last year and heard about them maybe the year before. Still was wondering if they would make it to the production saw or not. :wink:

Thanks for update. :wave:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
We showed pics of the husky flippy caps last year and heard about them maybe the year before. Still was wondering if they would make it to the production saw or not. :wink:

Thanks for update. :wave:

They aren't a quarter turn design like Stihl, they still thread in properly.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Yep.

Here they are on the 540 pic and then you see the demo 540 didnt have them. Thats why we were wondering which went into the production saws. :wink:

t540xp2.jpgt540xp3.jpg

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Yep the demo 540 I tried didn't have them either. I was surprised to see them on the rancher. I figured it was more of a homeowner feature anyway. If they were to be on a xp then they'd have come out on the new 5 series from the start. The pics of the 543xp also showed the flippys if I'm not mistaken.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
I havent seen any new pics of 543. I didnt care for stihls version so I hope husky got it right.

I just dont understand taking a simple design and over engineering it. On off seems simple to me. :dunno:

I wonder what the demo 572xp has on them or whatever model name they end up giving the new 70cc class saw. :yougo:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I havent seen any new pics of 543. I didnt care for stihls version so I hope husky got it right.

I just dont understand taking a simple design and over engineering it. On off seems simple to me. :dunno:

I wonder what the demo 572xp has on them or whatever model name they end up giving the new 70cc class saw. :yougo:

I'm pretty sure they were standard fuel caps

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
[video=youtube;fxzEscxApPc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzEscxApPc[/video]

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Thanks for video. That helps understand.

You know how sometimes a SOB cap seems to just stick it's way on super fing tight somehow. I wonder if that tool less caps will take trying to crank on it to get it off. Time will tell.

Looks better then stihls try already. :bananarock:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Completely interchangeable with the standard caps also.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Wow now that is thinking ahead. :yougo: Your just full of good news this morning. :bananarock:

So if a guy didnt like the tool less cap he could buy the regular caps and replace then. :thumbsup:

Cut4fun

Reaction score
TK whats the deal to going with 1 bar stud though? :confused: Should have left 2 JMO.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
TK whats the deal to going with 1 bar stud though? :confused: Should have left 2 JMO.

Standardized simplicity on a homeowner saw. I haven't bothered to look yet but the side covers are probably interchangeable with other saws now. The 455/460 had it's own designated side cover that didn't fit anything else.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Just popped a 450 side cover on it. They are interchangeable.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with flip caps.

As much as many may hate them, I have yet to experience the "accidental spill due to the fact that I 'thought' the cap was closed" problem. :)

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I haven't spilled anything with the 261 but did have an alignment issue a couple times. The cap would grab and turn like it locked but I could tell it didn't. It was annoying but not life ending.

the westspartan

Reaction score
Can I put them on my 346? The regular caps on it make me feel like I am in the 1990's every time I use it. Husky has been way behind in the cap department for a while now. It is nice to see them finally catch up. Now if only someone would engineer a universal flip cap to fit older saws of various brands, I would be able to start collecting the vintage saws again. Twisting them old dinosaur caps on and off all the time made me bored and was a big time waster for me. They might as well have a cork in the pour hole that needs to be removed with a corkscrew...ain't nobody got time for that!!!!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
You can put them on whiskey bottles, baby bottles, the gas cap for your car, partially used cans of whoop ass, you name it man you can put them on it!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys an update on the flippy caps. Not a single one has failed yet. They all work perfectly.

They all came out of the box perfect. They all went onto the shelf perfect. They all look great. The ones I've shipped out went without any fussing. These are the best caps ever.