Ford can kiss my

PB

Nov 5, 2012
Arse. Might as well keep this theme going. The wife's 2010 Focus has been in the shop more than any other vehicle we have owned. Combined I think we have had that thing at the dealer for over a month to have it repaired. This time around will be the last. We are going to trade it in and get something other than a Ford. Last fall we had a water noise behind the dash every time we turned a corner and it wouldn't hold antifreeze. They had it for a week and said they fixed it, well 4000 miles later the same problem shows up after it is out of warranty. I am not getting my hopes up that it will be covered under warranty now that we are at 40k. This is on top of the control arm issues, wheels, tires (Kumho, not Ford's fault), bearings, etc. that we should not have had to deal with in a new car that is babied.

Subaru or GMC here we come! Anyone have input on Subaru Foresters or GMC Terrains (Chevy Equinox)?

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
We have a twenty ten Focus that we got in twenty eleven. Put 70k miles on it in less than 2 years. It's hands down the best and most reliable compact with a 4banger we've owned. Took it to the ME GTG, up the the 'dacks a few times, back to Maine again, to Murray KY, to Summersville MO, and very soon to Carthage MO. :)

But yeah, I hear ya. There's a dud in every bunch, and unfortunately, it seems you got one. :meh:

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
We have a twenty ten Focus that we got in twenty eleven. Put 70k miles on it in less than 2 years. It's hands down the best and most reliable compact with a 4banger we've owned. Took it to the ME GTG, up the the 'dacks a few times, back to Maine again, to Murray KY, to Summersville MO, and very soon to Carthage MO. :)

But yeah, I hear ya. There's a dud in every bunch, and unfortunately, it seems you got one. :meh:

Not too mention all the bodies you've hauled to dump in the Potomac in it...

Reactions: 5 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Fords and Toyotas. Every last one of them muthas is junk.

Never owned a Yota but have near every other make. Ford is the only one that left a bad taste in muh mouth. 00 Expedition ate coil packs and heads and manifold gaskets and trailing arms and heater core and they had this pesky problem with the windshield leaking into the power distribution block leaving it full of water......frying everything. Google f-150 97-08 problems or Expedition 97-06 and you will never consider purchasing one. Wish I had. Local Dealers will not take a 04-08 F-150 in trade due to the Head/plug issue.

Good thing they do not represent the rest of Ford's line. Good stuff in general, just not for me anymore :rolleyes2:

Reactions: 2 people

jacob j.

Jan 9, 2012
A friend of mine bought a new '09 Focus with all the options including the in-dash CD/tuner and assorted electronic junk. His wife had it and stopped at AM/PM for goodies. Shortly after, she had to make a sudden stop and had a big gulp in her hand- 44 ounces of Dr. Pepper and ice went into the CD Player/electronics and air vents, down behind the dash and everything. All the electronics in the console were junk and my buddy spent two days taking everything apart to clean gooey Dr. Pepper out.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Just had a guy who owns a 2010 F-150 back into my truck. Here's the kicker - he put it in park, or thought he did, got out and walked away. His truck rolled back into mine :whathefrik:

andydodgegeek

Honey Dick
Apr 18, 2012
So you probably want decent fuel mileage and reliability? I would watch craigslist and get yourself a 72 dodge dart with the leaning tower of power slant six 225c.i. Good mileage and GREAT looks. What wife wouldn't want to drive one?

Reactions: 5 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
So you probably want decent fuel mileage and reliability? I would watch craigslist and get yourself a 72 dodge dart with the leaning tower of power slant six 225c.i. Good mileage and GREAT looks. What wife wouldn't want to drive one?

Buddy in high school had a 69 satellite with said engine. We once hit a concrete pole at 15 mph ending up with 4" clearance to the radiator yet. Those cars were LONG.

Reactions: 1 person

jacob j.

Jan 9, 2012

Actually, my grandma had the Plymouth Duster with the slant 6 when I was a kid and she said it was the greatest car she ever owned. Of course, this was a woman who started her driving career with a '33 Buick.

Reactions: 1 person

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
Not many gripes about my F150 1997. 4.6L, still good on gas, still has the original exhaust under it. I've only changed plugs once, and the belt a coupla times, and the heater core. And the manifold / Y-pipe studs rotted off, fixed that. It's been good to me, going on 185,000 miles.

My first Ford had the straight 6 300, with a 4-speed. I put 260,000 miles on it before a piston broke, sending the rod flying around. I drove it about 9 miles closer to home before it finally packed up. Buddy towed me home, next morning I pulled a piece of cam with 3 lobes on it, out of the groove in the oil pan that was made by the broken connecting rod..... Wish I had pics !!!!!

andydodgegeek

Honey Dick
Apr 18, 2012
Those straight 6's were pretty awesome motors.

Even when they tipped them to the side to fit under the hood! Seems as though alot of people didn't like the slant-6, I dont think they realized its just a normal inline six tilted for hood clearance. I am not a big ford fan but I must say that 300-6 was there best engine ever. I really like the 258 in my jeep cj7 as well, excellent torque.

PB

Nov 5, 2012
We are officially a Ford-free household. Traded the Focus in on a new Subaru Forester. :)