Frying pans

Yukon Stihl

Nov 15, 2013
Yukon Canada
Cast Iron
I restored about a dozen last summer with electrolysis,then re seasoned them .
I have been collecting them for a few years.I had a couple that you would swear that a human couldn't eat out of them again.Came out like new.
So i finally redid my pan that i have had been using for over 30 years,it was pretty crusty on the outside.But it cooked awesome.Came out clean and cooking has pretty much returned to it's former glory.Turned out it was a Griswald under all that carbon.Now i have 4 different sizes in the kitchen.The Old lady and the kid prefer non stick aluminum. I refuse to use them,and will grumble about the food that comes out of them.
Them last fall i bought another dozen from a yard i was picking,so a new electrolysis tub will be humming away this summer.
Restored ones bring big money at the garage sales here.

Mike from Miami

Marino is the GOAT
Oct 19, 2018
*among QBs that have never won a super bowl
Cast Iron
I restored about a dozen last summer with electrolysis,then re seasoned them .
I have been collecting them for a few years.I had a couple that you would swear that a human couldn't eat out of them again.Came out like new.
So i finally redid my pan that i have had been using for over 30 years,it was pretty crusty on the outside.But it cooked awesome.Came out clean and cooking has pretty much returned to it's former glory.Turned out it was a Griswald under all that carbon.Now i have 4 different sizes in the kitchen.The Old lady and the kid prefer non stick aluminum. I refuse to use them,and will grumble about the food that comes out of them.
Them last fall i bought another dozen from a yard i was picking,so a new electrolysis tub will be humming away this summer.
Restored ones bring big money at the garage sales here.
Throw em in an electric oven and start the self clean cycle. All the chit will burn off and they’ll come out ready for seaon8ng

czed

Orders his shit fire from Amazon
Aug 30, 2014
didn't know there was personal skillets.
I have a set that was my grandmother's from the 40s
Inherited from my mom a cook in restaurants and catering company's for 50+ year's
Plus 8 of us and neighbors
She was a local legend cook
I'm not.

Yukon Stihl

Nov 15, 2013
Yukon Canada
Pics of the set up for electrolysis

Sent from a potato
I didn't take any of my set up
I used a plastic garbage can on wheels i got at the dump,kind of 4 sided.I read that stainlees steel works good for the sacrificial metal,so i took the front off a fridge at the dump and cut in 4 strips and hung one on each side,they went right to the bottom.Filled with water and 2 tablespoons sodium carbonate,(not bicarbonate)per gallon of water.Wired all the stainless strips together and hooked to a manual battery charger positive side.The negative gets hooked to your frying pan,cylinder,chain.
I used a 3 amp one in one tank,tried a 6 amp one and it didn't seem to make any difference.

Jimmy in NC

Mill Monkey
Aug 27, 2013
Where tobacco is a vegtable
I didn't take any of my set up
I used a plastic garbage can on wheels i got at the dump,kind of 4 sided.I read that stainlees steel works good for the sacrificial metal,so i took the front off a fridge at the dump and cut in 4 strips and hung one on each side,they went right to the bottom.Filled with water and 2 tablespoons sodium carbonate,(not bicarbonate)per gallon of water.Wired all the stainless strips together and hooked to a manual battery charger positive side.The negative gets hooked to your frying pan,cylinder,chain.
I used a 3 amp one in one tank,tried a 6 amp one and it didn't seem to make any difference.
Stainless makes Hexavalent Chromate. (Sp?) Its considered toxic waste. Use standard ferrous metal... can pour it out on your yard and be good to go.