Garden Tractorz And Tim's Other Weird Shit, Too.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Sullivan ... SullAir? We have one.
Sullair It's powered by a Perkins 4.236 engine. The engine is locked tight. It had no coolant in it when I bought it. I'm guessing it had a coolant leak and was run until it overheated and scored. With some new liners, pistons, rings, gaskets and it will be a work horse. I paid $1200-$1500(can't remember). There is no money in fixing it at this time. I'll let it sit until I have a need for a compressor or scrap it. The engine core is worth $1000-$2000.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
The Schaeff's Fwd/Rev switch is mounted on the dash. I need to take my hand off the steering wheel to change direction. The Wacker wheel loader had everything on the piston grip hydraulic lever. I kinda liked that. I need to do some re-wiring on this anyhow, I may as well mount a switch on the hydraulic lever. I shopped online for a simple lever mounted 3 position, stationary switch and didn't find anything I liked. I still need to make a cover for it.
DSCN4790.JPGDSCN4792.JPG
I'm hoping to get some work moving snow with it this winter. I'm ready, I have the 3 yard snow bucket on it.

DSS

chinchilla felcher
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
The Schaeff's Fwd/Rev switch is mounted on the dash. I need to take my hand off the steering wheel to change direction. The Wacker wheel loader had everything on the piston grip hydraulic lever. I kinda liked that. I need to do some re-wiring on this anyhow, I may as well mount a switch on the hydraulic lever. I shopped online for a simple lever mounted 3 position, stationary switch and didn't find anything I liked. I still need to make a cover for it.
View attachment 59265View attachment 59266
I'm hoping to get some work moving snow with it this winter. I'm ready, I have the 3 yard snow bucket on it.
Truck stops have switches that mount on the shift lever like that, they use them for Jake's apparently. Jeffus likely knows what I'm talking about

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Truck stops have switches that mount on the shift lever like that, they use them for Jake's apparently. Jeffus likely knows what I'm talking about
I was looking at those. Also, the old school shift lever mounted 2 speed axle switch would've been nice but it doesn't have 3 positions. It would work but I don't want to give up neutral position. I saw some cheezy lookin plastic switch mounts too.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Jul 31, 2013
Southern Minnesota
Cat has a switch like that, on-off-momentary, I scored one from a parts supply when I was fixing the drill in the dealers shop. They never had a shop, they 'rented' a bay and the foreman and a couple operators would go over a drill, fix stuff, customize this or that, etc. I did that for a couple years, worked a few hours from home, I had most of my own tools.
On off on wouldn't be too hard to find, I liked Cat switches, they held up better than NAPA or off the shelf parts house ones.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Jul 31, 2013
Southern Minnesota
I was looking at those. Also, the old school shift lever mounted 2 speed axle switch would've been nice but it doesn't have 3 positions. It would work but I don't want to give up neutral position. I saw some cheezy lookin plastic switch mounts too.
Any newer loader has a switch instead of a lever for forward and reverse. There has to be a three position air switch for an 18 speed, if I understand those correctly, and maybe I don't. Never driven one.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Cat has a switch like that, on-off-momentary, I scored one from a parts supply when I was fixing the drill in the dealers shop. They never had a shop, they 'rented' a bay and the foreman and a couple operators would go over a drill, fix stuff, customize this or that, etc. I did that for a couple years, worked a few hours from home, I had most of my own tools.
On off on wouldn't be too hard to find, I liked Cat switches, they held up better than NAPA or off the shelf parts house ones.
Yeah, I bet the Cat switches hold up well. I couldn't think of an application using an on-off-on. I'm planning on putting a condom on it to keep dust out. And, planning on keeping a few spare switches.

DSS

chinchilla felcher
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
Yeah, I bet the Cat switches hold up well. I couldn't think of an application using an on-off-on. I'm planning on putting a condom on it to keep dust out. And, planning on keeping a few spare switches.
Asphalt pavers have on/off/on switches on the screed extensions, but they're momentary. They're also about $70 from Cat but they're weatherproof.

That's just the first thing I thought of. The M series Cat loaders have a forward/reverse rocker switch in the console but that would be megabucks I'm sure