Garden Tractorz And Tim's Other Weird Shit, Too.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Asphalt pavers have on/off/on switches on the screed extensions, but they're momentary. They're also about $70 from Cat but they're weatherproof.

That's just the first thing I thought of. The M series Cat loaders have a forward/reverse rocker switch in the console but that would be megabucks I'm sure
The current switch is mounted in the dash. I had the dash cover off and checked it over. It's a turn signal switch that someone had retrofitted. It looked original until I removed the dash cover and saw the mounting wasn't right.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Jul 31, 2013
Southern Minnesota
Asphalt pavers have on/off/on switches on the screed extensions, but they're momentary. They're also about $70 from Cat but they're weatherproof.

That's just the first thing I thought of. The M series Cat loaders have a forward/reverse rocker switch in the console but that would be megabucks I'm sure
The telescopic lifts I loaded lime and fertilizer with, jcb and Cat, had a switch on the joystick as well, most new cats have one as well.
I had three or four momentary on switches for the energize to run system on the drill, in less than a year, finally got a cat one and it held up. Wasn't as bad, under twenty bucks, but the three dollar ones did not hold up.

Aug 27, 2013
Where tobacco is a vegtable

Cedarapids and Roadtec ...same switches on the screed extensions. Probably cheaper than CAT.

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Dun. I would look better if I had waited for the paint to dry before getting my paws all over it. Next is a leaky hydraulic valve and possibly freshening up a gearbox/axle. The gearbox has been welded. I'd like to disassemble, inspect and make any necessary repairs. I want to chase down replacement housings before I disassemble it.
DSCN4795.JPG

treeslayer2003

QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM GFY
Sep 29, 2013
maryland's eastern shore
Dun. I would look better if I had waited for the paint to dry before getting my paws all over it. Next is a leaky hydraulic valve and possibly freshening up a gearbox/axle. The gearbox has been welded. I'd like to disassemble, inspect and make any necessary repairs. I want to chase down replacement housings before I disassemble it.
View attachment 59295
iv seen alot of large axle housings welded, even a couple trucks. if done right i think its fine.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
iv seen alot of large axle housings welded, even a couple trucks. if done right i think its fine.
The mechanic that worked for the company that owned the loader had told me the driveshaft yoke nut was loose. He tightened it up and welded it. I've worked it pretty good since I bought it and it seems to be holding up. I'm tempted to run it but I don't want to be blindsided by a major repair.
Terex bought Schaeff. I had contacted Terex for parts. They quoted $134 for a pinion nut, $3100 for ring and pinion, $2800 for the housing...
It's a Hurth axle and gearbox. Hurth was purchased by Dana Spicer shortly after the wheel loader was manufactured. I can get parts through Dana and the prices aren't bad. The pinion nut is $8 and housing $253 but availbilty is sketchy.
I emailed a guy in Netherlands about a used gearbox. waiting on a reply.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Jul 31, 2013
Southern Minnesota
The mechanic that worked for the company that owned the loader had told me the driveshaft yoke nut was loose. He tightened it up and welded it. I've worked it pretty good since I bought it and it seems to be holding up. I'm tempted to run it but I don't want to be blindsided by a major repair.
Terex bought Schaeff. I had contacted Terex for parts. They quoted $134 for a pinion nut, $3100 for ring and pinion, $2800 for the housing...
It's a Hurth axle and gearbox. Hurth was purchased by Dana Spicer shortly after the wheel loader was manufactured. I can get parts through Dana and the prices aren't bad. The pinion nut is $8 and housing $253 but availbilty is sketchy.
I emailed a guy in Netherlands about a used gearbox. waiting on a reply.
Holy shipping, Batman.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
*their

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
A little late but...

Blue sea marine stuff is pretty good quality at a decent price.

You can get they’re switches in pretty much any configuration.

Switches - Blue Sea Systems
Thanks, I've been planning on ordering some spare switches. I found these Carling environmentally sealed switches for $11 each I had been planning on ordering. I been kinda waiting to see if one of the Randys has a recommendation. Them guys is smart.
http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/st-series_datasheet.pdf

Freehand

Bump-Shizzy
Apr 7, 2013
Bitches Be Trippin

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Pics of you doing a double backflip?

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
The John Deere 1565 is sold and on it's way to Colorado.
You guys might see humor in this story.
Years ago, I had the idea to mount a mower deck on my wheel loader. I figured I could put some turf tires on, mow with the loader, eliminate my mower and have once less piece of equipment to maintain. Without fully thinking the project through to completion, I found a sweet deal on a $8000 Lastek flex deck on ebay and bought it. I then realized the loader had about 20hp hydraulically, the mower would work marginally at best. I bailed on the project. The deck sat out in the weeds for years. It would only fit a John Deere 1400/1500 series front mount mower. I figured it would be a tough sell. Then I saw a John Deere 1565 at an auction without a mower attachment. I figured it would go cheap without an attachment. I was wrong, bought it anyhow and paid too much. It had a heated cab. I thought what the hell good is a heated cab for mowing grass? I better find an attachment that would justify the $5000 heated cab option. I bought a sweeper attachment at auction. It looked like new. It wasn't and it needed work. phuck. All this to sell a godamn mower deck? I should've just scraped the phuckin deck. Then, while listed for sale, It seemed the only interest I was getting was guys wanting to know if I would separate the package and sell them only the deck. WTF :facepalm: I was eventually contacted by a guy wanting everything but the mower deck. We agreed on a fair price and did the deal. I actually made a little munie on it.
In other news, the Sullair compressor is sold too. The telehandler and plow truck are next on the project list.